Jantzen time ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rssmsvc, May 4, 2006.

1. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

Hello,

There was a brief timeout where Jantzen was not taking orders and started again in March 25. Has anyone gotten their order from that time ?

I emailed a few times and haven't heard back.

RS

2. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

I am finding the don't ask, don't know approach to be the best. I ordered before the "blackout" date and received my order about a month later. I reordered recently and I am taking that stance that whenever I receive them, it is like Santa came early.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I ordered about 6 weeks ago and didn't hear anything. E-mailed a few times, no response. This, by the way, is my sixth order. Called Ricky yesterday, so it looks like another 3 weeks. I've found that a great time to reach him is around 9:00 pm in Hong Kong. The store is closed, but he's almost always still there working.

4. operationexpat

operationexpat Well-Known Member

Oh no, poor Ricky. Now he's *never* going to finish all those orders for you guys! He'll be too busy answering the phones [​IMG]

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

i ordered my 2nd shirt a couple days before the Jantzen time out (beg of March), and eventually got my shirt by mid-April. I had emailed Ricky asking to make sure they got the order and didnt receive a reply nor a confirmation of order, but the shirt arrived pretty timely, and fits perfect.

6. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

Ok, I guess I have no choice but to wait. I needed a few more for summer so back to lands end custom.

7. denning

denning Senior member

I ordered 4 shirts on the 24th of March and emailed him a question that same day. I finally got a response on the 28th of April saying I would have my shirts within a couple weeks. So looks to be about a month and a half wait time because of the backlog he had. My whole theory is the don't worry, just be patient and they will come theory.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

yea, i just forget about it and hope they show up. I had figured this past shirt wasn't ever going to arrive and that I'd re-order it in the fall when I'd have more days to wear it...but then one day, there it is...a brown package envelope from Hong Kong

9. Mute

Mute Senior member

I ordered on March 26 and have not heard a peep from Ricky's end. Just have to wait and see.

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I ordered shortly after they started accepting orders again. It's now been about six weeks with no response at all, and no response to one follow-up email requesting to modify slightly one of the measurement adjustments included with my original order.
    I did the exact same thing! Except that I faxed my order only a couple of weeks ago, and sent an e-mail asking to change the measurements/fabric of one of the shirts. Hope that didn't piss him off. But like most here, I'm just hoping that a package shows up at my door in June or July.

11. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I continue to think that I must be on the Jantzen shitlist. I've ordered several times, starting in February of last year (about 3 or 4 orders since then) and have never seen a single shirt. [​IMG]

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Sent him an email about three weeks ago and took him at most a week to answer...

13. Mute

Mute Senior member

I continue to think that I must be on the Jantzen shitlist. I've ordered several times, starting in February of last year (about 3 or 4 orders since then) and have never seen a single shirt. [​IMG]
    That's really weird. I just found this over on Jantzen's website: [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Senior member

I ordered in late February, and received the package last Friday, if that gives you a sense of timing.

15. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I think I'm going to send one of my minions to Jantzen to have a little...er...chat with Mr. Jantzen. [​IMG]