• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by up1bin
The one thing I'm noticing is that when I raise my arms, the shoulders of the shirt raise up (red circled area of pic) and the sleeves also ride up.
It means the arm holes are a bit large. You will get this even if you reduce the shoulder measurements. The only way to reduce the effect is to reduce the arm hole, and with that the sleeve width at the top of the arm.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laphroaig
It means the arm holes are a bit large. You will get this even if you reduce the shoulder measurements. The only way to reduce the effect is to reduce the arm hole, and with that the sleeve width at the top of the arm.

I suppose this could be true but I am perplexed about this as I have shirts that have larger armholes that don't exhibit the problem. The armhole problem affects suits alot more in my opinion.

CR78

Reaction score
So I'm assuming it's not atypical to get no confirmation email for your order, nor any response to emails inquiring about said order?

brittain

Reaction score
if I dont get a confirmation after a week, I'll send an email. if I dont get an answer to the email I call. Ive only had to call once.

oaw01

Reaction score
Just submitted my 4th order for the year.

1. Dobby #33, 1/4 Inch White Herringbone,
2. #12, Dark French Blue Cotton, 120's, 2Ply, 100% Sea Island Cotton
3. Jantzen*3081, Black Mini Gingham, 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton
4. Checkers #395, White & Blue Mini Gingham Checks, 120's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton

fox81

Reaction score
still no response for me
frown.gif

EDIT 10.25 GMT: Ricky has responded. Crisis over

CR78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fox81
still no response for me
frown.gif

EDIT 10.25 GMT: Ricky has responded. Crisis over

I woke up this morning to find my order confirmation as well.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
finally got charged for 3 shirts almost 2 months later
****, I still have 6 shirts without charge. I guess I'll get hit with a bill soon Just checked my amex - I got hit with $208 for a transaction from 5/18 - **** those credit charges move slow from HK

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by discostu004
question for those of you who have sent in a shirt to be copied. gonna send my father-in-law's favorite shirt in to get copied, but i didn't know will they copy it and then bill you or how do you pay when not done online? also, do you just throw it in a box with a note with fabric code?

thanks

It will be faster and easier to measure the shirt and put in the note to use the exact measurements because it's a copy from a shirt. That's what I did and I'm quite happy with the results.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He ships it in a brown envelope usually. There is not tracking whatsoever. Your shirts are all packed very compactly inside and your collars can appear flaccid out of the package.

dinted voice

Reaction score
Just got my shirt, and I believe I ordered a few days before you, Ed. You should get yours shortly. Love the material, the MOP buttons, and the collar! Question for those who have tweaked measurements on the next order. The chest has some loose fabric in the front, but the seam running down the sides of the shirt under the arm are snug when I do the "hugging yourself motion." I need to get rid of this excess fabric, but don't want this seam to be too tight. Do you think by reducing the chest measurement I will get this effect? Or should I reduce the chest measurement to get rid of excess fabric and put in box pleats to make sure it is not too snug?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did that. Or rather, my first order was to tight overall. And perhaps change the scye, if necessary.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsgtfo1984