• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red lens might look cool, but I personally feel it’s an awful sunglasses lens. Rather than lessening intensity, it seems to make it more so.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Red lens might look cool, but I personally feel it’s an awful sunglasses lens. Rather than lessening intensity, it seems to make it more so.
Yeah, kind of agree. I was leaning towards empire until I noticed the red metal lens trim making it hard to change the tint. Silver it is I think

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
Not so sure about these... the temples are too short but I can adjust the tips and lessen the curve on them .... 🤔
1000005919.jpg

LuisedPicked

Reaction score
Could someone who owns both brands provide a comparison between the titanium models of DITA and JMM? Which one is better?
tnx

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Could someone who owns both brands provide a comparison between the titanium models of DITA and JMM? Which one is better?
tnx
😂 “which is better” is a bit of a broad statement and noone here is going to contrast disparate, unrelated models. Quality wise, they are both better than you need, but I think new jmm titanium is better quality these days - I think old jmm titanium is about the same. JMM is obviously more expensive, and Dita can usually be found on sale for half the price.

If it was me, I’d just look at whatever one has the style you want and go with that.

obecity

Reaction score
😂 “which is better” is a bit of a broad statement and noone here is going to contrast disparate, unrelated models. Quality wise, they are both better than you need, but I think new jmm titanium is better quality these days - I think old jmm titanium is about the same. JMM is obviously more expensive, and Dita can usually be found on sale for half the price.

If it was me, I’d just look at whatever one has the style you want and go with that.
When (year) in your estimation did JMM titanium quality increase? And in what way. Honest question? Just curious.

obecity

Reaction score
Not so sure about these... the temples are too short but I can adjust the tips and lessen the curve on them .... 🤔
View attachment 2167975
I’m going to be harshly honest here like a savage mofo. Apologies to those here who may be offended.

Do not keep those frames. If you do, I’ll track you down and smoke your entire collection of Opus X as punishment with glee. I’m not cappin brah.

Sandman3769

Reaction score
I’m going to be harshly honest here like a savage mofo. Apologies to those here who may be offended.

Do not keep those frames. If you do, I’ll track you down and smoke your entire collection of Opus X as punishment with glee. I’m not cappin brah.
Those glasses are fine. He’s just wearing them up-side down.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Broadly agree although I’m not sure when old JMM titanium became new!

I have JMM Comanche and Dita Spacecraft. Both great looking glasses - eye catching and classy but really not much in common aside from the material so very hard to compare.

My other titanium shades are Leisure Society Cortez (metal wayfarer-ish shape with lovely spring hinges) and two pairs of Roka RioTi (blue and copper flash lenses, aviator shape, grippy silicon on the nose pads and temple tips as they’re designed for triathlons).

Couldn’t say which is better as I love them all. If I could only keep one it would problies be the Cortez.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
When (year) in your estimation did JMM titanium quality increase? And in what way. Honest question? Just curious.
No clue and honestly I could be full of ****. It’s just a subjective sense. When you compare frames like the jagger to the earl, it seems as if jagger is similar to typical dita and earl is on par with what akoni doing (typically looking at the construction of the joints). But then again, it could all be bs, or maybe they are all made in the exact some place and have been. No clue, but it does seem to me that jmm titanium frames are slowly becoming more and more a mainstay in the collection versus a niche to the acetate.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavid20224