• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

obecity

Reaction score
This thread is now dedicated to discussing the JMM (Justice for Male Masculinity) to alt-right pipeline.
Stop the insanity! What does the alt-right (which is fictional anyway) have to do with anything?! Not that it’s any of your business, but I’ve been a far left radical since you were in diapers, fella.

Guess what though? I’m done! You just lost the refinery!!!!

I’ll return when proper solemnity has been restored. Good day!

garigo

Reaction score
For anyone who's rightfully ashamed they joined the thread too late: I asked ChatGPT to strip it of all the useless bullsh*t and we're now back on page 18. You're welcome!

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I was sleeping on these but you bastards kept buying them as soon as they popped up so I had to scoop up a pair before they become the next sought after frame….LeClair Agar

IMG_8384.jpeg

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on the Earl’s in Empire (red gradient lenses). Beautiful colorway but that red is just too intense to wear for any period of time. Tried it on an overcast day too. Don’t want to know what it looks like when the sun is really bright on a sunny ☀️ summer day. Def going back. The silver with “boring” green/gray gradients are more of a keeper. Would get more use out of them (although that’s relative given my current rotation). Impressed with the quality, but price still really steep.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was sleeping on these but you bastards kept buying them as soon as they popped up so I had to scoop up a pair before they become the next sought after frame….LeClair Agar

I'd love to see a picture of them being worn, very curious about this frame! Are they as dark as the pictures online make them look?

joseph240

Reaction score
The Earl looks to be of sufficient size for the large-faced among us based on this picture, but I just can’t be sure anymore given my recent brouhahah about photos. (This is absolute insanity—I can’t trust what I see in pics now.)
I think that guy in the pic has a small face. On me the Earl looks more like a pair of eyeglasses and not sunglasses. The width is like a wider medium frame. Not as wide e.g. as the 1980 or the Reynold. And perhaps that's why on the website these are listed as medium in width. Also these are not tall, which makes them look on me more like eyeglasses with photochromic lenses. All that said these are stunning in person and great addition to my collection. Now as the next step if I could locate the Felson in havana somewhere...

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I'd love to see a picture of them being worn, very curious about this frame! Are they as dark as the pictures online make them look?
Mine are coming from Stralia so will share thoughts when they arrive

RavenBespoke

Reaction score
I think that guy in the pic has a small face. On me the Earl looks more like a pair of eyeglasses and not sunglasses. The width is like a wider medium frame. Not as wide e.g. as the 1980 or the Reynold. And perhaps that's why on the website these are listed as medium in width. Also these are not tall, which makes them look on me more like eyeglasses with photochromic lenses. All that said these are stunning in person and great addition to my collection. Now as the next step if I could locate the Felson in havana somewhere...
Good info to have as a fellow big-headed person. The 1980 is my grail frame, but it seems I've missed the opportunity (aside from a single, sky-high pair on Grailed). I had plans to snag the Earl as it seemed pretty similar, but it sounds like Reynold might be a better move.

(P.S. if anyone is willing to part with their 1980 in Altan, I will be eternally in their debt.)

JessBob

Reaction score
Good info to have as a fellow big-headed person. The 1980 is my grail frame, but it seems I've missed the opportunity (aside from a single, sky-high pair on Grailed). I had plans to snag the Earl as it seemed pretty similar, but it sounds like Reynold might be a better move.

(P.S. if anyone is willing to part with their 1980 in Altan, I will be eternally in their debt.)

I believe there's still a pre-owned 1980 Altan being sold among collectors for 850 GBP (incomplete kit) and a brand new one for 980 Euros from an authorized dealer. DM me and I can provide further details

Last edited:

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
You sure? Cos that sounds a lot more like good ol' classic Douchebagery to me. 🤔

But then again I don't smoke cigars (cancer is a hoax btw), take car selfies in sweet rides or manage to get women's phone numbers by smooth talking about JMM, so what do I know. 🤷
this is when the keyboard warriors come out cause they forget how it feels to get punched in the mouth by a dude that smokes cigars ... but I digress , carry on

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads