• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great colour indeed!

PS are these too big on me?

IMG_3527.jpeg

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Today I also got my pair of hickory Taos (finally, after 3 weeks due to customs), and I love them but the darker colour definitely makes them wear bigger.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is strange as I was just thinking about you today on a long drive from Tampa to Ocala. For some reason I sometimes get you conflated with Easily Amused (both have enviable collections) and momentarily forgot your user name and was hoping you were OK as hadn’t seen you post in a while. Thanks for checking in - lookin’ good as per!

I will choose to consider my mild concern for a complete stranger / virtual pal as a positive aspect of the SF JMM community here, and not me being weird at all!!😁

obecity

Reaction score
This is strange as I was just thinking about you today on a long drive from Tampa to Ocala. For some reason I sometimes get you conflated with Easily Amused (both have enviable collections) and momentarily forgot your user name and was hoping you were OK as hadn’t seen you post in a while. Thanks for checking in - lookin’ good as per!

I will choose to consider my mild concern for a complete stranger / virtual pal as a positive aspect of the SF JMM community here, and not me being weird at all!!😁
BOOM! That’s why I love this community! A genuine concern for others and a desire to help. Ehhhhhhgcellent, as Monty Burns would say.

Last edited:

SergioSP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested im selling a pair of

- Kobo rootbeer 1st batch edition 32/250 like new condition (735 euros)
- Supersonic Black "Shadow" like new condition (600 euros)

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many thanks everyone for the feedback and the kind words.

Here's a pic of me in the hickory Taos (spoiler below), this shows how darker colours can make the glasses wear bigger than the lighter ones, hopefully they're still "JMM big" rather than "too big". I'm stoked, I fell in love with hickory after seeing the Hemmings (which are waaaaay too big), and none of the other current models available in that colour spoke to me (Vendomes were close but I prefer square/rectangular shapes). By mere chance I found that Durant Sessions in Vancouver had a pair, I thought these, just like hickory Fellinis, Dealans and other classic models would be long gone.

Also, bonus pics of the rest of my collection: argyle Dealans (with custom light brown lenses), noir 7 Fellini (with photochromic lenses), and beluga Plaza (I'll prob. put some amber lenses in these).

Also thinking of very light brown lenses for the hickory Taos. As I say it was the Hemmings that made me get interested in hickory in the first place.

side_jmm_hemmings_teak.png

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads