• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

obecity

Reaction score
Another nail in the aviator coffin
Am I the only one who thinks a titanium JMM frame with a light fashion tint for indoors and transitions for sunglasses use outside would be a great thing? I l have a pair gold Jaggers that I’m going to do up with a very light tint green gradient with gold flash that transitions amber. I think it would look great indoors and out.

To be honest, I’m a recent convert to aviators as opticals in the past year.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew I had selfies of a Burgundy Yves. Taken a few months ago; Burgundy is subtle in a lot of light, but at the right angle, it's radiant!

View attachment 1891907 View attachment 1891909
This is a great colour frame (and goes well with your coat!).

I said this before but some time before discovering JMM I got Oliver Peoples ‘Jaye’ in ‘Bordeaux bark’. They’re great glasses in the narrow wayfarer / Neff mould but I have to say I was a bit disappointed that the colour was darker IRL than the publicity pics and comes off as almost black when I was hoping for more like this colour in your pic.

And on the subject of narrow (short?) wayfarer-ish frames I’m always banging on about how I love Jeffs but wanted more variety in colour. These Ashcrofts might fit the bill (would love some in cobalt!) but haven’t seen online pics yet. Do they have exposed wiring? Are they for sale yet or just being teased? What colours do they come in?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
This is a great colour frame (and goes well with your coat!).

I said this before but some time before discovering JMM I got Oliver Peoples ‘Jaye’ in ‘Bordeaux bark’. They’re great glasses in the narrow wayfarer / Neff mould but I have to say I was a bit disappointed that the colour was darker IRL than the publicity pics and comes off as almost black when I was hoping for more like this colour in your pic.

And on the subject of narrow (short?) wayfarer-ish frames I’m always banging on about how I love Jeffs but wanted more variety in colour. These Ashcrofts might fit the bill (would love some in cobalt!) but haven’t seen online pics yet. Do they have exposed wiring? Are they for sale yet or just being teased? What colours do they come in?

They will come in Ocre, some “insert another obscure name for black” and moss looks like. I put up a pic a few posts back. I’m def liking them

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Another nail in the aviator coffin
1675955307958.gif

Mr Stevens

Reaction score
Anyone got a bead on Ichikawas in the Bay Area? I feel like they'd work for me but would like to try them on in person first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads