• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I’m liking that mustard color

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I'm stopping after 2 pairs".

After a 3rd pair, I'm finding it really fun to mess around with different shapes. I only wear opticals.

Anyone have any recommendations on what I could go for next in the future?

I'm learning I can pull off most shapes. I don't like redundancy though.

-Black Dealans (Covers classic rectangle shape, love the cat-eye edge.)
-Camel Schindlers (Feels like classic '40's P3s on steroids with the sharp angles and cat-eye)
-Akila Miracles (Black aviators in the classic teardrop shape.)

I've been interested in Ichikawa and Fellini, but frankly they're too similiar to the Dealan.

I've debated trying out Enzo opticals, but they may be too large for my face. Also hesitant on them being even heavier than my Dealans.

The Kelly is appealing for a full on cat-eye frame, and still appears to be in stock in many places.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
"I'm stopping after 2 pairs".

After a 3rd pair, I'm finding it really fun to mess around with different shapes. I only wear opticals.

Anyone have any recommendations on what I could go for next in the future?

I'm learning I can pull off most shapes. I don't like redundancy though.

-Black Dealans (Covers classic rectangle shape, love the cat-eye edge.)
-Camel Schindlers (Feels like classic '40's P3s on steroids with the sharp angles and cat-eye)
-Akila Miracles (Black aviators in the classic teardrop shape.)

I've been interested in Ichikawa and Fellini, but frankly they're too similiar to the Dealan.

I've debated trying out Enzo opticals, but they may be too large for my face. Also hesitant on them being even heavier than my Dealans.

The Kelly is appealing for a full on cat-eye frame, and still appears to be in stock in many places.
Have you tried the GOAT? Try a titanium frame

A7F603A5-4CBA-4F52-A463-2FE32A6A5727.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cross post from waywt but since this is 90% car selfies and in-store selfies I figured a full fit might be helpful.

Belize in Tokyo tort
8B735369-A13E-4F14-A2CE-5232EFBE43EC.jpeg

Semi-related - has anybody tried the Caan (or any of the Umit apparel?) or seen any fit pics anywhere.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve just noticed the pricing jumping around on the JMM site.

New Enzo frames, all 3 were (AUD) $1200 a week ago, $1150 a few days ago, and now $1360! 😂

What in the actual F is going on. I think I’m out at these prices.

I adore my Enzo’s, but unless I can pick them up from online stores who discount, I’m not paying retail.

fmvazquez

Reaction score
I’ve just noticed the pricing jumping around on the JMM site.

New Enzo frames, all 3 were (AUD) $1200 a week ago, $1150 a few days ago, and now $1360! 😂

What in the actual F is going on. I think I’m out at these prices.

I adore my Enzo’s, but unless I can pick them up from online stores who discount, I’m not paying retail.
That is because the USD/AUD Exchange

Prospi

Reaction score
Enzo Surplus on Mondello.

This wasn’t on the site when I checked the other day. I’d say this is one of the last chances to buy this frame new, and at 20% off.

@lsterling I reckon these would be a nice Xmas gift for your old man 😂
They are doing 20% off all products again with the code QUICK20

Prospi

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum,
I am registered on the Mondello 1962 site and received an email with the code QUICK20 to use at checkout to get a 20% discount on everything (even Jacques Marie Mage). I think these are the last days the offer is active.

I thought you might be interested :)

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I don't think titanium works as well for opticals. JMMs strength is in acetate, their titanium does nothing for me.

Gold metal in particular is too similiar to my skin as well, so not much contrast.

Looks like me and you have similar skin tones. Man you’re missing out on some nice frames. I’m naturally tan but get darker in the sun and some gold frames with green lenses pop nicely. In fact I think the glacier colorway look great on darker skin. I hear you on the acetate though hard to get into the titanium frames as they are like JMMs b side and I thought like that until I tried my all time favorites the Beauregards. The Cortina in titanium are great too. They have a douchy Cazal feel but that makes them even better!
I think you’d look straight from Miami with some Cortinas (compliment ha) and would look ace

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads