• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mm gotcha. I find the cat eye on the Schindler and Dealan to be relatively subtle.

I have read comments here that people find the Dealan hard to wear due to the cat eye angle.

Akira looks less bold but a lot more wearable, especially as opticals.
Akira is low key chunky and bold on the face. You need to try it on in real life to see it though. It can come across as flat in product shots.

Re cat eyes, you need to try the frames on to decide for yourself. The Dealan cat eye is subtle. It is more pronounced on the Schindler, which was originally shown as a woman’s frame (although men can wear it).

mrmiddl

Reaction score
I'm interested to know if its best practice to swap out the stock lenses, or is it just personal preference?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

BigRed

Reaction score
This Whisky color is a must for me!
F748B83A-C5A5-4D67-BA09-8257826DF1E9.jpeg

Kristiang

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finally found a stockist in my area but they didn't have much of a selection.

I tried on the Ocre Enzo and Beige Fellini however neither really did it for me. With these subpar pictures, do you guys have any recommendations for what models I should look into specifically?

I'll try to take better pictures next time lol
0B4C0438-F0AA-4C9E-9144-50841C20D673_1_105_c.jpeg
225A77AE-202C-407A-BEBE-88030780F72B_1_105_c.jpeg

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
I like the beige Fellini on you.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I missed out on Taos hickory a while ago!

There’s a pair here in AU, and in USD it’s under retail.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm biased towards trying on in person which is why I likely won't go for them or any online retailer. I have to nail the fit as I'd only wear as opticals. Mine required 6 adjustments.

I really do enjoy the in person service aspect and the convenience of trying on multiple pairs to find one that works.

I looked up Lester and yeah it looks ok. Only the chunky acetate frames from Black Eyewear appeal to me, not any of the thinner frames.
>Buys online a week later.

1269 was great to order from, they sent on-face comparison pictures of different frames and colorways, and also recommendations.

They recommended I not go for Schindlers because they're a lot smaller than Dealans(Haydenriley pointed this out too) and feminine looking, and I kinda ignored that and ordered them anyway.

I was set on Vintage Tort, but they pointed out they're bright and yellow as a caution. @Jsimpson02 had a great picture showing this.

d6c78c63-d616-48da-bc0e-92664fdc84b1-jpeg.1807101

In the end I went for Camel Schindlers. If they fit and work out, I'll get some green transitions put in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads