• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
View attachment 1625706
Got my first pair today - Zephirin in Rover. Love em' and see people mentioning the END sale. Tempted to get another pair though these are 47s and the ones on sale are 44's... Think it's worth it / is there a dramatic difference?

Those look good on you.

I tried the 44s once at a trunk show and felt they were too small for me. That said, I normally go for frames that are at least 48 or 49 nowadays. So it depends on your size preference.

ChaseCharles

Reaction score
Those look good on you.

I tried the 44s once at a trunk show and felt they were too small for me. That said, I normally go for frames that are at least 48 or 49 nowadays. So it depends on your size preference.

Thanks! Yeah I should probably hold off and branch off into a different style anyways. Just got so psyched on my first pick up.

The practical difference between 44 and 47 is meaningful.

I probably would not duplicate a model in a different color. There are too many other good options.

If you were to buy another pair, I would go for one without the keyhole bridge.

Good advice! Thank you. Getting a bit ahead of myself. After browsing this forum for a while, I finally fully understand the infatuation with the brand.

Cuttooth

Reaction score
Those look good on you.

Just sold my 44s for that reason. Felt good at first but felt more like a novelty and too small. I think I really just prefer aviators and larger lenses overall.

Udo

Reaction score
Bon anniversaire Jerome Mage

jerome.png

Elvis SR

Reaction score
Hey there, i`m new here..

Got a "new" Rodeo Black and a gently used Dealan Noir 4 for sale, if anyone interested!
location germany

Cheers :)

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm (in hand) if the Walkers on the End site are truly Molino 55's? I would like to order them, but don't want to go through the hassle of a return.

Finally got my Sandro's adjusted, here is a pic from April, thanks to @Jaymig926 for letting these go to me!
39C37730-5B95-444E-BBC1-B282F37EBCE7.jpeg

Thank you all,

-DL

goof1972

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm (in hand) if the Walkers on the End site are truly Molino 55's? I would like to order them, but don't want to go through the hassle of a return.

I can tell you when my shipment comes in. I suspect that they are Molino 55s because that's what was photographed.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own or try the yves and enzos and have comparative thoughts on them in terms of fit and look? For example does the height of the lens of either make the frame end up resting on your cheeks? They fit similarly wide or is the yves noticeably bigger? Thinking of ordering both to compare but if easy enough to rule out one over the other I won’t bother as I prefer not to buy and return. Been doing that enough lately!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own or try the yves and enzos and have comparative thoughts on them in terms of fit and look? For example does the height of the lens of either make the frame end up resting on your cheeks? They fit similarly wide or is the yves noticeably bigger? Thinking of ordering both to compare but if easy enough to rule out one over the other I won’t bother as I prefer not to buy and return. Been doing that enough lately!
I own Enzos and love them.
I tried on the Yves once, and immediately started cracking up and put them back down.
I found them HUGE on me, even compared to the Enzos...

D. Black

Reaction score
I tried on both, i felt the Yves looked way too big for my face. I have no direct pics In the Yves, only side profiles.

Attachments

• 71981271-6F5F-409C-B796-2765BF0D4848.jpeg
    71981271-6F5F-409C-B796-2765BF0D4848.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 2221A1D9-B2FF-4269-A029-5770E12A66B1.jpeg
    2221A1D9-B2FF-4269-A029-5770E12A66B1.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 6FABE8B7-484A-4B06-8CDD-B6C1BF6FFDF0.jpeg
    6FABE8B7-484A-4B06-8CDD-B6C1BF6FFDF0.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 139

doofalb

Reaction score
Yves: overall width 147mm
overall height: 54mm
Enzo: 145mm
51mm
Neither rest on my cheeks but it is definitely closer with the Yves
the Yves frame is a lot thinner so the lenses look significantly bigger and hence they do look quite a bit bigger even in my fat face

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads