• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

yunBW

Reaction score
it’s been a while since the last time I bought/wore sunglasses. Saw the sale on ends and got the Fellini and dealan. I think Fellini frame fit for my face but want to get some opinion if it’s slightly too small for me or not since it’s slight tight on the head from the arm area. I’ll be returning the dealan most likely
CD0061B0-1BB8-42DD-B695-B6846B6227D9.jpeg
F78838A5-91AB-420D-8E2F-87C0C1988BB0.jpeg
F74192EC-B0E0-488D-85BE-38A4E0D9D6A6.jpeg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Width wise, those Fellinis look good.
You can easily get the arms adjusted.
I did with my Enzos. They were crushing my head until I did...

yunBW

Reaction score
thanks! do I take to any optical shop for the arm adjustment and they will figure out what to adjust?

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellinis fit you better than the Dealans. Any optical store can adjust the frames. They will know what to do.

I actually think you can go a bit bigger than the Fellinis, including a wider bridge.

I think the Walker would fit you well and maybe even better than the Fellini (which is fine and you shld likely keep).

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
it’s been a while since the last time I bought/wore sunglasses. Saw the sale on ends and got the Fellini and dealan. I think Fellini frame fit for my face but want to get some opinion if it’s slightly too small for me or not since it’s slight tight on the head from the arm area. I’ll be returning the dealan most likely View attachment 1628090View attachment 1628091View attachment 1628092
Personally like the first pair on you (I think those are the Fellinis?). They don't look too tight to me, but I don't know how they feel on you.

Some people here have gotten their frames adjusted. Since I buy most of mine online, I would have to get them adjusted at an authorized dealer that didn't sell me the frames. The acetate is very thick and I've been cautious about getting them adjusted cause it seems like you can easily ruin them. Someone on here once had a pair ruined. I have a pair that admittedly could be a bit more comfortable if I had the ends of the arms adjusted, but I haven't cause I'm a bit iffy on taking that gamble.

yunBW

Reaction score
Fellinis fit you better than the Dealans. Any optical store can adjust the frames. They will know what to do.

I actually think you can go a bit bigger than the Fellinis, including a wider bridge. I think the Walkers would fit you well and maybe even better than the Fellini (which is fine and you shld likely keep).
I feel I can go bigger than Fellini, I ordered a pair of dita which is a 54-20-155, which seems to work as well but less flare than the jmm for some reason
C2C2DFA4-DC0B-432D-80CA-D4A8F0CEE74F.jpeg

yunBW

Reaction score
Personally like the first pair on you (I think those are the Fellinis?). They don't look too tight to me, but I don't know how they feel on you.

Some people here have gotten their frames adjusted. Since I buy most of mine online, I would have to get them adjusted at an authorized dealer that didn't sell me the frames. The acetate is very thick and I've been cautious about getting them adjusted cause it seems like you can easily ruin them. Someone on here once had a pair ruined. I have a pair that admittedly could be a bit more comfortable if I had the ends of the arms adjusted, but I haven't cause I'm a bit iffy on taking that gamble.
Yeah, the first one is fellinis, I think the acetate is quite thick on the arm which gives some pressure to my head when compared to other lightweight frames. If anyone has any recommended optical store within Socal area for adjustment, please let me know too scared to get it runied before wearing it lol

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like the way the Fellinis fit and you feel you got them at a good price, keep.

But if you feel you can or should go bigger, perhaps look at other models if you have local stockists. I suggested the Walker because it is a bit bigger and does not taper aggressively on the sides of the frame. So it will look a bit fuller on you.

Away from that, I think you can go with a wider bridge than either the Fellini or Dita. The narrow bridge gives a pinching effect. Not a deal breaker, but something to consider when looking at future models.

Edit: looking again, I think the bridge is fine on the Fellini.

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree I think the Fellini works better for you, particularly the bridge.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about letting my dark Havana Fellinis go. I also have the dark Havana Sturges and have been wearing those more. Would like to pick up a different color to switch things up.

I had the lenses switch out to a brown polarized. Still have the original lenses and will include those as well as the box case and all originals that come with them new.

If I sell I’d like to get what I paid all in which is $750.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.