• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

feliks

Reaction score
I would call BO tomorrow when they’re open or e-mail, their customer service is on point (I live in Dallas where they’re located at).

Also would highly recommend anyone in the DFW area interested in JMM frames to visit, they usually have a really good selection to try on.

John Rain

Reaction score
^^i think it’s just lighting and angle. I’m not convinced those are gold.
That's what I am thinking too, except the second pic also looks like gold.>
BO-PRODUCT20201125-014_1000x1000.jpg

utsav53

Reaction score
I dont think you should hesitate to get the Walker. They are a more interesting pair of sunnies than the Fellini. Chunky sculpted acetate plus three extra stars on each temple. Everything that's great about JMM.

Pulled the trigger on the Walker. It looks awesome. Thank you for your suggestions.

9C101475-DD5B-4AB8-9662-5706135247D5.jpeg

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Tart Arnels were allegedly the sunglasses worn by Cary Grant in North By Northwest. This became an internet fact until a rep from Tart came out to debunk it.
More recently Oliver Peoples got permission from the Grant estate to recreate them. I got some and they were made in a really tasty reddish brown tortoise acetate but the proportions weren’t right. Even the smaller size 48 was way too big and the lenses were G15 grey when they should have been green. I sold them on and now have Moscot Lemtosh which at 46mm gets the size and shape about right and I got green lenses but the colour (limited edition dark blonde) just doesn’t have that great reddish tinge that would have made them perfect.

I discovered these a while back which might be of interest. They look good but I have not handled in person as it seems like its Japan & international only at this point:

They are repros of the Tart Arnel by Japanese umbrella company who owns Native Sons (eyewear brand by Tommy O'Gara former of Dita).

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to have a pair of those Tart Arnel repros by Julius. I found the size 46 a bit too small for me, but I like the design otherwise. Ended up selling mine because of the fit. I thought the quality was OK. Kind of standard.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to have a pair of those Tart Arnel repros by Julius. I found the size 46 a bit too small for me, but I like the design otherwise. Ended up selling mine because of the fit. I thought the quality was OK. Kind of standard.
Interesting. I got the Oliver Peoples Cary Grants which were 48s and huge on me. I then got similar styled Moscot Lemtosh size 46 which fit me just about right. As I always say, only a millimeter or two difference in lens size can make massive differences in how they appear on your face!
I really like the look of the Walkers but evidently I have a narrow face so certain styles (white heat, whiskeyclone, Walker etc) just don’t look good on me.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting. I got the Oliver Peoples Cary Grants which were 48s and huge on me. I then got similar styled Moscot Lemtosh size 46 which fit me just about right. As I always say, only a millimeter or two difference in lens size can make massive differences in how they appear on your face!
I really like the look of the Walkers but evidently I have a narrow face so certain styles (white heat, whiskeyclone, Walker etc) just don’t look good on me.

everyone tells me i have a big head

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads