• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

kc1049

Reaction score
MANDCRAFTED.

My golly gosh it's getting out of control now, here's some more on ebay...

View attachment 1945499
Other than this obvious giveaway, would you be able to tell it's a knockoff?

lsterling

Reaction score
Nearly every detail on the frame will be wrong but it varies from model to model and nearly impossible to tell you every way that the fakes differ from genuine JMMs. Arrowheads and spurs are the wrong shape and size...hard to quantify if you're not familiar with real JMMs but if you are familiar, you'll know a knockoff from a mile away.

Mr Jay

Reaction score

This "replica" is pathetic. Just look at the acetate's thickness and shape (pics 4 and 9).

Some models are done better than others but they all have plenty of red flags.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! May my ultimate earthly fate be much happier than his...

I did end up buying this (keep scrolling through the posts ;)), I went with a custom tint that brought it all together. Here's a photo from last August; the bright Mexico sun made the frame and lens colors pop.

View attachment 1945483
Smashed it. Great picture, outfit, shades, everything.

This song started playing in my head as soon as I saw the picture.

haydenriley328i

Reaction score
Tried to track down a Kaine in Platinum for quite sometime before I found the Fellini in Tempest. I actually far prefer the slightly smaller shape, immediately my favorite frame I own.

Attachments

• 9F92FB15-AE2A-445A-9DEF-E2B522144BFB.png
    9F92FB15-AE2A-445A-9DEF-E2B522144BFB.png
    838.6 KB · Views: 321
  • 6F486A6A-53FE-42D2-A2ED-4E7F70193DA8.png
    6F486A6A-53FE-42D2-A2ED-4E7F70193DA8.png
    833 KB · Views: 333

mistermike

Reaction score
Ordered the Quentin (Johnny Cash) in hickory fade at a recent trunk show. Really excited to get them. I’ve had Molinos in army for opticals and looking forward to something a little bigger for daily use. Think these frame my face much better.

Also after some advice from the group please - I have Torinos in hickory I use for sun. How do you think they fit? I am thinking of switching to something with a more interesting shape like an Enzo, Hemmings or even Fellini (although they may be a little small).

I also need to decide on colour - something lighter like taupe or go for a dark Havana or black?

Thanks!

Attachments

• BEBF7025-45FE-4C45-B765-D966599FCAED.jpeg
    BEBF7025-45FE-4C45-B765-D966599FCAED.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 4E9A1005-0D20-4796-AC84-471ED6806ABD.jpeg
    4E9A1005-0D20-4796-AC84-471ED6806ABD.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 268
  • 591B6F26-EC66-4FAC-8E9B-34ED82E434C4.jpeg
    591B6F26-EC66-4FAC-8E9B-34ED82E434C4.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 5455A0D8-FF63-4FEE-9141-9D3E357DF007.jpeg
    5455A0D8-FF63-4FEE-9141-9D3E357DF007.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 358

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
Ordered the Quentin (Johnny Cash) in hickory fade at a recent trunk show. Really excited to get them. I’ve had Molinos in army for opticals and looking forward to something a little bigger for daily use. Think these frame my face much better.

Also after some advice from the group please - I have Torinos in hickory I use for sun. How do you think they fit? I am thinking of switching to something with a more interesting shape like an Enzo, Hemmings or even Fellini (although they may be a little small).

I also need to decide on colour - something lighter like taupe or go for a dark Havana or black?

Thanks!
Any pics of the Quentin from the side?

Any ETA on delivery?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried to track down a Kaine in Platinum for quite sometime before I found the Fellini in Tempest. I actually far prefer the slightly smaller shape, immediately my favorite frame I own.

The Fellini looks good on you. It's such a classy frame and the Tempest is a very nice colourway. The Kaine however is not less attractive.

Mr Jay

Reaction score

Thanks!

Imo they fit you very well, except for the fact that your eyebrows are completely inside the lenses - something you want to avoid with clear lenses. With tinted lenses they would be amazing 👍

Torinos are a great fit as well - definitely a more conservative shape. Fellini would prob be too small, Enzo maybe a bit too similar to Quentin. Hemmings are on another level, though not as safe as the others.

As for colour, it really depends on your taste. I think Hickory looks great on you and personally love the new Indigo

mistermike

Reaction score
Imo they fit you very well, except for the fact that your eyebrows are completely inside the lenses - something you want to avoid with clear lenses. With tinted lenses they would be amazing 👍

Torinos are a great fit as well - definitely a more conservative shape. Fellini would prob be too small, Enzo maybe a bit too similar to Quentin. Hemmings are on another level, though not as safe as the others.

As for colour, it really depends on your taste. I think Hickory looks great on you and personally love the new Indigo
Thanks - agree on the Quentin. They are sitting a bit too far up above my ears so I’m hoping that with a bit of adjustment when they come in they will sit lower.

Thanks for the feedback on the sunglasses. I have tried on Enzo and they are great, but much narrower obviously than the Torino. I think I need something taller for my face shape as opposed to too rectangular.

haydenriley328i

Reaction score
The Fellini looks good on you. It's such a classy frame and the Tempest is a very nice colourway. The Kaine however is not less attractive.
Thank you! I totally agree and I hope I didn’t sound like I thought the Kaine was worse in some way. I will still own a Kaine one day but these are gonna become a transition optical for me and I think the size is better suited to that whilst a Kaine will be solely sun for my dimensions.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hieromance