• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Pechelman

Reaction score
Thanks. One concern I had with the amber is that perhaps it looks too similar to the acetate that they might clash?

Paulinuhhh

Reaction score
Having some regrets not pulling the trigger on the KLR ripleys after watching Succession last night lol. Does JMM ever do re-releases for special projects like this?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having some regrets not pulling the trigger on the KLR ripleys after watching Succession last night lol. Does JMM ever do re-releases for special projects like this?

Can't say, but it has happened more times that a sold-out model has shown again to purchase. My feeling is that they don't sell all items of a batch immediately, but in subsequent tranches, so it's possible that the frame will come again.

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Bringing up a question @ColdinMN had a while back about choosing transition colors on a hickory frame, this time specifically on a Taos.

I'm well aware of the opinion some of you have about dinginess and how brown is the only true color, but I dont think brown is what I want or what would look good on this frame color.

fwiw, I found that I wasn't wearing these because the stock blue/grey dull and muddy lens color maybe wasn't flattering to my warmer skin tone. After popping out the lenses yesterday I liked how they looked as optical, so now considering swapping some lenses.

Emerald would probably be the most similar to the stock lens, but I don't want that. Right now thinking about amber or sapphire. Does anyone happen to have either of these that they could post how they look fully darkened? The sample shots I've seen of them look quite vibrant and nice. View attachment 1927423 View attachment 1927435

I still haven’t decided. I wear my Molinos as opticals, which I kinda like.

Here’s a picture of the Fellini Hickory with the original blue lenses.

I would like to see a few more Hickory frames with amber lenses.

735B2017-F8D4-4E56-8C02-C9863CE3D3F3.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You have been influenced

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Can't say, but it has happened more times that a sold-out model has shown again to purchase. My feeling is that they don't sell all items of a batch immediately, but in subsequent tranches, so it's possible that the frame will come again.
With the VT MrPorter Collab was like that for example.

sojubro

Reaction score
Just got a pair of Enzo's in the Sunkiss colorway and am blown away with how beautiful they are.

Was a bit worried initially how they would look on my head due to the chunkiness but am super pleased with them.

The Sunkiss color is so stunning, even considering getting the Taos in the same color when they release!

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Those are nice, and provide a little more contrast than I think amber or brown lenses would. I would need something a little darker.

I’m thinking I’ll get a black frame for sunnies. Maybe the Ashcroft. Maybe a Fellini. Sold my Fellinis, have had seller’s remorse since.

brown2190

Reaction score
I'm interested in the Caan London too, I came across your fit pic of the Belize (looked great!) and I think we have similar face features. Did you post a picture with the Caan yet or I missed it?
Caan are awesome. I tried them on yesterday and loved them so now I’m just trying to pick a colour.
Also the case/pouch is dope.
I think you’re missing the point if you’re complaining that it isn’t protective.

Badger716

Reaction score
@ColdinMN Hey! I see that you're located in MN as well. Assuming you're in the twin cities area, which JMM dealer have you had the best luck with? I've only been to Specs Optical in Uptown

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads