• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My guess is that some people aren't trying to maximize their returns, but simply want to get stuff out of the house and don't want to deal with the process of listing things themselves. A few acquaintances of mine listed things through TRR and their items were priced similarly low. So then you have two actors who aren't particularly concerned with maximizing profits, just speed: TRR wants to list stuff as fast as possible, and then a party that doesn't want to list things themselves. The marginal return on investing time and energy is low because profits are split two ways.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is that some people aren't trying to maximize their returns, but simply want to get stuff out of the house and don't want to deal with the process of listing things themselves. A few acquaintances of mine listed things through TRR and their items were priced similarly low. So then you have two actors who aren't particularly concerned with maximizing profits, just speed: TRR wants to list stuff as fast as possible, and then a party that doesn't want to list things themselves. The marginal return on investing time and energy is low because profits are split two ways.
And my guess is that some people who drop $1800 all in on sunglasses and want to get rid of them the same year don’t need the $300 or so they might get from using TRR. But at the same time they don’t want to get zero.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JMM did a silver Nick Fouquet hat band with a turquoise arrow that was sweet but I wasn’t paying $1k for it.
Someone on here said they’d seen it mistakenly listed as a belt (for a wasp??) and it went for $200 on TRR. I definitely would have paid $200 if I’d seen that!

Al Paso

Reaction score
And my guess is that some people who drop $1800 all in on sunglasses and want to get rid of them the same year don’t need the $300 or so they might get from using TRR. But at the same time they don’t want to get zero.
I’d just like to hear from people who have bought something. Difficult for me to buy with such minimal information but the price sure is right.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Third and final installment of my first JMM journey. My wife couldn't join me this time, so pics are selfies taken by a man who's blind without his prescription lenses. It was also raining badly in Chicago this afternoon, so you find me soaked after a rainstorm. Judge accordingly.

Anyway, I was finally able to try the Zephirins in 47 in noir and platinum:

IMG_6505.JPG

IMG_6506.JPG

Also tried the Molino in 55 while there:
IMG_6514.JPG

Prudhon in tortoise:
IMG_6510.JPG

Ichikawas in noir, which I've been quite eager to try. Not quite sure what I think of these. I think I'd like them better if I grew out my hair again, if that makes any sense.
IMG_6499.JPG

More Fellini, but this time in root beer: Not actually Fellinis - those are a few posts down. These are Molinos again!
IMG_6497.JPG

And the regular Molino:

IMG_6489.JPG

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Molino 55s and Prudohns look good on you. Issue with the Molino 51 is you took the pic much closer so it even looks bigger than the 55. Ichis look a bit too angular for your face shape. Are you sure those are Fellini in root beer? For whatever reason the shape of the frames don’t appear Fellini to me.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Third and final installment of my first JMM journey. My wife couldn't join me this time, so pics are selfies taken by a man who's blind without his prescription lenses. It was also raining badly in Chicago this afternoon, so you find me soaked after a rainstorm. Judge accordingly.

Anyway, I was finally able to try the Zephirins in 47 in noir and platinum:

Also tried the Molino in 55 while there:

Prudhon in tortoise:

Ichikawas in noir, which I've been quite eager to try. Not quite sure what I think of these. I think I'd like them better if I grew out my hair again, if that makes any sense.

More Fellini, but this time in root beer:

And the regular Molino:

I think the Prudhons and the Zeph 47’s look great on you, and your brow rests perfectly on them. I give the Prudhon a slight edge, and pick them for the overall win among all the frames here. I prefer the Noir’s crispness on you, but the Platinum is good looking too. I also like the Fellinis and Molinos (though, I am not sure which Molinos exactly, because the 51 and 55 are virtually indistinguishable in the pics). The hicko and Havanas both suit you. I don’t find the Ichikawas to be the most flattering companions for your handsome mug.

Last edited:

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Molino 55s and Prudohns look good on you. Issue with the Molino 51 is you took the pic much closer so it even looks bigger than the 55. Ichis look a bit too angular for your face shape. Are you sure those are Fellini in root beer? For whatever reason the shape of the frames don’t appear Fellini to me.
You're absolutely right. I think this is actually the Fellini, and I was told root beer, however I think these are actually hickory:
IMG_6495.JPG

I think the ones I've labeled above as Fellinis are just another pair of Molinos then, although I can't quite identify the color. I do like it, however. Is that also a platinum? Any ideas?

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. I think this is actually the Fellini, and I was told root beer, however I think these are actually hickory:
View attachment 1682197

I think the ones I've labeled above as Fellinis are just another pair of Molinos then, although I can't quite identify the color. I do like it, however. Is that also a platinum? Any ideas?

Yes you're right they're Fellini and in the Hickory for sure... Rootbeer doesn't exist for this frame. These look good on you.

Pureneat

Reaction score
Just got back from the optician and picked up my new glasses. The JMM Artaud. These things are a far cry from the Oakleys I was wearing before. Was looking for some input! Do they look alright?

EvotmcH.jpg
The camera has done some funny distort thing with the edges of your lenses, presumably the RX has caused it….. they look good but also the mask doesn’t help.I’d like to see more pics, mainly because I’m considering this frame ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads