• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Spring 2012

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Unless you felt particularly attached to the Chippewa colors offered by JCrew, there is no reason to buy them there. They can be found elsewhere (in the same style, almost same color) for about half the price. I have a pair, they're pretty nice, would have returned at full (JCrew) price but kept due to a price mistake on their part :happy:

Cheese1

Reaction score
What are the differences between their short fits? I need a couple pairs, I'm deciding between J.Crew and H&M right now. The slimmer the better, probably.

Therendition

Reaction score
What are the differences between their short fits? I need a couple pairs, I'm deciding between J.Crew and H&M right now. The slimmer the better, probably.

The club shorts and the bowery shorts have the slimmest fit.

esswhykay

Reaction score
Hoping to bank in some karma from giving away a couple 20% coupon codes in the past.

Anyone feeling generous by sending me an unused code?

Therendition

Reaction score

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good alternative to the cream colored Mougin and Picard watch JC is carrying? Really like the styling (double dial, triangle) but I'm sure JC is over-pricing relative to its quality.

Therendition

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good alternative to the cream colored Mougin and Picard watch JC is carrying? Really like the styling (double dial, triangle) but I'm sure JC is over-pricing relative to its quality.

Why don't you just try it and see what you think? Worst case scenario, you return it. I have it myself and love it.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like J crew is opening up a store in Toronto Eaton's centre that will include mens clothing now. Opening in Fall of 2012 :slayer::slayer::slayer:

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Regarding J Crew shorts...

I have two pairs of the Officer's Chino short from two years ago that I think are perfect. Why did they stop making them? They were really well made and a good, trim cut. All of their new shorts that I've tried on recently have been to billowy in the thighs. Has anyone found a pair of their new shorts that fit like the officer's chino ones?

Wooglin

Reaction score
Regarding J Crew shorts...
I have two pairs of the Officer's Chino short from two years ago that I think are perfect. Why did they stop making them? They were really well made and a good, trim cut. All of their new shorts that I've tried on recently have been to billowy in the thighs. Has anyone found a pair of their new shorts that fit like the officer's chino ones?

Have you tried the Stanton shorts?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I need to get some opinions on this. I was walking through an outlet mall over the weekend and noticed a line outside the J Crew factory store. Then I saw a guy in a headset working the door; apparently he was policing how many people could enter at a time. I walked over and looked in, and the store was not crowded at all.

So - is this J Crew's attempt to create an LA club-type atmosphere at their outlet store? i.e.: create a line outside so that the place looks busy? Keeping people waiting in line outside in 90 degree heat and humidity was a nice move..

Anyway - WTF?!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads