1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dogatemyhw, Sep 14, 2011.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

RE: Shirts, you're going to drown in them. I'm 5'9'' at 155 lbs and I drown in a size small shirt from J. Crew. The neck size and sleeve length are great fit though. Back in college when I couldn't afford better shirts, I would just buy J. Crew shirts and pay my tailor $15 to take in the arms and sides of the shirt to properly fit me.

2. 3dials

3dials Senior member

From comments on Dappered.com:

Longshanks • 5 hours ago

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  3. Dinky89484

Dinky89484 Senior member

When do you think J Crew will start having Fall/Winter stuff? There are a few summer items that I want that I just know will be pushed to the Sales section once the Fall/Winter gear is out.

4. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Don't suppose there are any coupons or codes floating around? I'd kill for a pair of those purple 484 chinos.

5. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Catalog came today everything they make for girls has polka dots... Couple new colors in pants nothing exciting yet

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Banana Republic is starting to get their transition line to F/W, so I'd predict fairly soon - before the end of the month, most likely.

7. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Anyone else feel like the whole final sale idea is bullshit?

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

In general, no. For online sales - yes, it makes things a huge gamble. Especially when sizing isn't necessarily consistent across various items.

9. El Argentino

Having worked in retail, I understand it but agree it's complete crap. It keeps the back room empty and ready for the next shipment rather than having to backstock tons of returns and just sit on old merch.

10. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

I really dislike the whole idea of the final sale. I like to take items home and try them on before I decide if I am going to keep it.

I have to say after looking at the factory website I think I like a lot of the designs of the factory shirts better than what standard J.Crew is offering right now, albeit some of the items are old merchandise relegated to the factory site but still.

11. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

I understand how final sale can be annoying, but you have to understand that a company as large as J.Crew has to get rid of their spring/summer stuff in order to make room for fall/winter.

And as far as a Factory goes, that's actually not the case. It's a completely separate line. No items from the mainline make their way to the Factory line.

12. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Tbh, I don't like final sale either, but they need to clear out this year's Spring/Summer merchandise as it will be outdated/worth nothing in a couple months (also the cost of storage). It helps when customers buy 1000000x items in different sizes and decide they really would only like to keep one.

13. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

Just started the J.Crew FW12 thread here.

14. El Argentino

You stole my thread! ^^ :)

1 person likes this.
  15. Mr. Bananagrabber

Mr. Bananagrabber Senior member

I'm a little late to this conversation, but I don't think JCrew is all that strict about stuff being final sale. If you ordered a lot of items maybe that would change, but when I got their peacoat on final sale last Winter/Spring I called in to place the order and just asked if I could bring it back if the size wasn't right and they put a note on the order for me that I could return it if needed. So if you see something on final sale but aren't 100% on it, see if they will waive the final sale terms.

16. sazon

sazon Senior member

i bought a pair of pants on final sale that were marked 34x30. i wore them an entire day. at the end of the day it hit me that these seemed short. measured them and they were barely 29!

called up J Crew and they said they would take them back. i was thankful. then the rep said, but we will only do this once, as a courtesy. then i got a bit pissed...i said, youre not doing me a favor...youre taking back defective merchandise !

anyway, retuned that.

also ordered some NB sneaks in my usual NB size. for some reason, they were way too big. So i'm stuck with NB Peforated court sneaks in 11 in case anyone is looking....

i agree....final sale can be a huge gamble

17. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Final Sale makes sense because if a sale garment doesn't hit final sale at some point the store can see it come back for months. Say the return period is 60 days and you're buying a non-Final Sale shirt that's down to $9.99. Then you come back 50 days later and return it. Someone else does the same and they've got a shirt in the store for over 6 months or something.

J. Crew is far more aggressive with their Final Sales than say Banana Republic. Banana Republic followed J. Crew's lead on Final Sale, but they're not as agressive and let most of their styles drop further before making them Final Sale.

18. El Argentino

And too, BR will continue to mark final sale down further and further to just move it out if it's been sitting for a while.

19. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Final Sale is bullshit. It's just another example of J. Crew's spotty customer service.

Look to Lands End for a real deference to customers. You can return any item at any time for ANY reason. That's customer service.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012