1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dogatemyhw, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Wooglin

Wooglin Well-Known Member

That Horween strap is probably 90% of the price...

2. itsmarcnotmark

itsmarcnotmark Well-Known Member

Jcrew recently had an extra 30% off already for sale items. Anyone know how often that comes around?

3. itsmarcnotmark

Also has anyone been to the sample sale in NYC? And is it worth it?

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

Tough to say as I think they're a bit more random than some of their competitors. At least once every two months. Used to be that it was final sale on items that got that discount, but not of late. Also, it's the only way you can get a discount on their third brand styles.

5. curzon

curzon Well-Known Member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

This year not too often, and it's only been on sale items and Factory. In 2011 it seemed to be once a month.

2011 was an amazing sale year. Both RL sales and the Mr. Porter sales rocked, especially the autumn one. Great sales elsewhere too.

6. tsekh

tsekh Well-Known Member

The 30% off on sale item happened a number of times this year already, but most of the nice stuff were gone after the first 2 times.

20-30% off all items did happen last year, and I bought a pair of j.crew new balance 1400 with that coupon. But it typically exclude some expensive brands like Alden.

7. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

Happens once or twice per season depending on how backed up the old stock is, sign up for the emails, they give you a couple dopey suggested outfits spams then notification of sales on the first day

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about J Crew dress pants / shirts for office attire? I usually go with Uniqlo but sizing has been so hard to nail down lately I end up spending more money with returns / items I never wear. Even though J crew is usually double the price I can walk into a store and try things on.

9. Wooglin

Wooglin Well-Known Member

The "dress" shirts are actually pretty decent quality two-ply and right now they're like $50+30% off in store. If you're looking for basic shirts and pants that fit pretty well off the rack J. Crew is not too bad at all.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Great thanks. Can i get some more info on the 30% off sale? Good chance that my local store is participating and has stock?

11. Cheese1

Cheese1 Well-Known Member

It's companywide, your local store will probably have stock. The 30% stacks with the student discount. If something is on final sale and your store doesn't have it, you could order it in store and get it with $9 shipping.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  12. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

Wait, there's a 30% off sale going on in stores right now? It's not advertised on their website.

13. itsmarcnotmark

Anyone happen to know how long the 30% will be going on for?

14. Therendition

Therendition Well-Known Member

I went the day it opened and it was pretty miserable. I found four things I wanted and didn't end up buying any of them.

15. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

Where is the sample sale located at?

16. Therendition

Not sure if it's still going or not, but it's 260 5th Ave.

17. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

Thanks. Do you know if there's any way I can check to see if it's still going on?

18. Therendition

Email inquiries@jcrew.com and you'll get a response in a day or so. Almost positive it closed either last Saturday or Sunday, though.

19. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

Alright, will do. Thanks again!

20. shadrach

shadrach Well-Known Member

anybody know when the retail stores roll out new sale items (if there's any pattern at all)?