J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

Jcrew tracks everything, basically only people who spend a lotttt of money get sent these 20% coupons along with their catalogs. Basically its jcrew trying to get you to spend more money. So if you didn't get a coupon, you don't spend enough.

Don't believe this. I have friends who literally only bought 3 or 4 times from online or in store, and received multiple coupons. Me and a few other buddies who have spend hundreds on them have never received even one. I think its just random.

2. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

I have gotten 20% coupon in all the catalogs I've received. I have been looking at getting a pair of Alden Indy boots lately and I just had to see if the coupon works for those. Details on the coupon say it does not work for third party merchandise but it works for the Aldens. Now I need to decide If I want to spend the money for the Aldens and the fair isle sweater, 20% off. Still a good chunk of change.
    1. Yes you want the Indys. Maybe not these (other nice makeups everywhere, like Epaulet and Shoemart) but if you're into the shoe just buy it. You'll wear it forever. 2. IIRC price reductions don't apply to collab items like the Indys

3. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Anyone in Canada that's planning on making a purchase with the 20% coupon? Can we share? [​IMG]

4. flytothesky

flytothesky Well-Known Member

$10 paypal'd to the person that sends me the 20% off coupon

5. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

What size are you looking for in the Navy herringbone sportcoat?

I got one as a gift after I had bought one myself so I have an extra 40R if you are interested.

I am returning it this weekend so let me know.

was looking for a 38S actually, but thanks for the offer.

6. intent

intent Senior member

I never get coupons, and I buy from them all the time...

7. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

1. Yes you want the Indys. Maybe not these (other nice makeups everywhere, like Epaulet and Shoemart) but if you're into the shoe just buy it. You'll wear it forever.

2. IIRC price reductions don't apply to collab items like the Indys

I didn't buy the boots but I applied the discount to just the boots and took the checkout process all the way to confirm purchase, unless it fixes the problem after I click confirm purchase, the 20% works on the boots.

Yeah I don't think I really like the color j. crew has. I was just curious if it worked on the shoes. With j crew's outrageous shipping charges it's not much of a discount on its own.

8. sazon

sazon Senior member

Don't believe this. I have friends who literally only bought 3 or 4 times from online or in store, and received multiple coupons. Me and a few other buddies who have spend hundreds on them have never received even one. I think its just random.

I dont think its random at all. They seem to send coupons to peeps who DONT buy. The coupon is used as means to get these folks, who don't normally buy, to buy.

9. supermidget

supermidget Senior member

I dont think its random at all. They seem to send coupons to peeps who DONT buy. The coupon is used as means to get these folks, who don't normally buy, to buy.

i havent purchased from them in quite a while though, and havent gotten any coupons...

10. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

It doesn't make sense for them to send coupons randomly. JC - and any company that uses coupons, for that matter - doesn't have a pricing structure based on chance.

Coupons are intended to lower prices for customers who are unwilling/unable to buy the item at its current price. In this way, the firm can maximize sales. They aren't like Golden Tickets in Wonka Bars - there actually is a point for coupons' existence. So, it doesn't make sense for them to be distributed randomly. Imagine if the director of marketing at JC came up to the CEO and said that coupons were sent out like prizes in a lotto. I don't think he would be very happy.

In my opinion, JC distributes coupons on 2 criteria: 1, whether the customer is a frequent buyer, and 2, whether the customer is in a market segment w/ frequent buying habits. I believe this is why even frequent buyers are sent coupons.

11. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Yeah I didn't get shit from them.

12. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

looks like they renamed their jaspÃ[​IMG] line to "field knit"...

Will someone post fit pics of the stand-out pieces from this season (fair isle, fireman hoodie, woodland jacket)?

13. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

thoughts on this sweater?

[​IMG]

looks pretty good there, wondering if the quality/fit is good. some of their other fleece sweatshirts are tent-like in a size S while the merino ones fit entirely different in the same size.

14. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

just got my catalog, like everyone else said its pretty bleh although i wish i was one of the lucky ones who gets a 20% off coup. w/ each issue [​IMG]

15. hastur

hastur Senior member

just got my catalog, like everyone else said its pretty bleh

although i wish i was one of the lucky ones who gets a 20% off coup. w/ each issue [​IMG]

yeah same

still 0 coupons here