• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've no interest in women of my generation.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could always hook up with this girl....

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, just getting to this thread, sounds like you're in a rut. I'll be honest, it's much easier to meet girls in school than out there in real life, though conferences and conventions are a pretty good bet if you play your cards right.

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
I would never date women of my own generation. I loathe the idea. My formula for ideal age: IdealAge (+/- 5yrs) = 1/2 * MyAge + 10, IdealAge > AgeOfConsent I practice what I preach.
smile.gif

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Girls want dumb frat boys. Women want real men. Unfortunately there seem to be far more "girls" than "women".

I agree, even thought this one girl that is interested seems to like me because I am the complete opposite. She came over and I was watching "Pirates of Silicon Valley" and I had her watch it with me, man o man o man lol. I ended up talking computers to her and then dismissing her because I have studying to do.

On the other hand, most girls in undergrad do seem like that, and its annoying. I seem to get along with older women far more than I do with girls my age, my ex was 27 and I am 21...go figure.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cretaceous_cretin
I would never date women of my own generation. I loathe the idea. My formula for ideal age:

IdealAge (+/- 5yrs) = 1/2 * MyAge + 10, IdealAge > AgeOfConsent

I practice what I preach.
smile.gif

Good formula.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
I agree, even thought this one girl that is interested seems to like me because I am the complete opposite. She came over and I was watching "Pirates of Silicon Valley" and I had her watch it with me, man o man o man lol. I ended up talking computers to her and then dismissing her because I have studying to do.

facepalm.gif

Now it is left up to me to carry the torch and pick up a woman using Pirates of Silicon Valley.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
facepalm.gif

Now it is left up to me to carry the torch and pick up a woman using Pirates of Silicon Valley.

lol, hey its something she is not accustomed to. I see no future with this girl though, she is too energetic for me.

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well I always heard chicks like Pirates ...

just wrapped up a weekend of observing the DC scene and I must say the frat bro thesis has a lot of merit.

heyrer

Reaction score
I've a peculiar situation. Prepare for a cliche.

There's this young girl I met about a year and a half ago. We talked when we met, 6 months after and a couple of months ago she invited me up to see her at her Art show. That weekend was the best weekend I've had since this sultry recession started. Since then we've talked at least five times a week. Excluding these past two weeks as she took a trip to Russia. She's 3 years younger than me. Also, she's also dating my best friend.

I can say, she is the only girl younger than me who I have a healthy like for. But as Chris Rock stated, "You ain't ever going to find the perfect person. Never. Ever. Yes. Never ever... ever. BUT! If you do, there's always an obstacle in the way. There's always SOMETHING!"

So since I find myself morally and ethically debating a lot of things in life. Such as, the right for fall leaves to be undisturbed by passing cars during that particular equinox. I'm hoping when she college rolls around "The Freshman 15" with do double time in her case. Or I'll find I'm simply mistaken about the whole situation and my options open up. Quick.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cretaceous_cretin
I would never date women of my own generation. I loathe the idea. My formula for ideal age:

IdealAge (+/- 5yrs) = 1/2 * MyAge + 10, IdealAge > AgeOfConsent

I practice what I preach.
smile.gif

sounds about right. so when i'm 80 i'm looking at 50 year olds... sweet.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heyrer
I've a peculiar situation. Prepare for a cliche.

There's this young girl I met about a year and a half ago. We talked when we met, 6 months after and a couple of months ago she invited me up to see her at her Art show. That weekend was the best weekend I've had since this sultry recession started. Since then we've talked at least five times a week. Excluding these past two weeks as she took a trip to Russia. She's 3 years younger than me. Also, she's also dating my best friend.

I can say, she is the only girl younger than me who I have a healthy like for. But as Chris Rock stated, "You ain't ever going to find the perfect person. Never. Ever. Yes. Never ever... ever. BUT! If you do, there's always an obstacle in the way. There's always SOMETHING!"

So since I find myself morally and ethically debating a lot of things in life. Such as, the right for fall leaves to be undisturbed by passing cars during that particular equinox. I'm hoping when she college rolls around "The Freshman 15" with do double time in her case. Or I'll find I'm simply mistaken about the whole situation and my options open up. Quick.

Dude. You'll be a senior when she hits college. Kinda lame. Date a grownup, not a child. And don't **** over your buddy.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this guy really hoping she gets fat, or did I not read that correctly?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being as how I have yet to meet a "friend" who would have any interest in helping me meet women, rather than hindering what few opportunities for meeting women I have, I would have no compunction about throwing any of them under the truck for a woman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads