• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've no interest in women of my generation.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Freewheeler
I am quite sure that women are not dreaming about ******* frat boys, since most these days are fake tanned douchebags and women are constantly making fun of them. Let's give women a little more credit. If they are going to fantasize about ******* anyone, it's going to be a higher calibre of man than a frat boy or jock.

It would be comforting to think as much, but it would be incorrect.

Freewheeler

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
It would be comforting to think as much, but it would be incorrect.

A woman would absolutely **** a young hot lawyer, doctor, model or actor over some jock or frat boy.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great date idea

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I didn't realize OP lived in New York. You shouldn't have this much trouble meeting a girl to your liking in such a vast city filled with millions (AND MILLIONS //The Rock) of people. It isn't as though you live in some backwoods little town where the most exciting thing going on is the high school football season.

big misconception, it may seem like it. However, its very easy to become a loner in a big city. Big cities have lots of lonely people in them because in the end you're just another number in a large population of people.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
big misconception, it may seem like it. However, its very easy to become a loner in a big city. Big cities have lots of lonely people in them because in the end you're just another number in a large population of people.

This is one of the reasons NYU has a high number of suicides (or claimed high number). I don't understand how one can feel lonely when surrounded by millions without having some underlying issue, though.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
I don't understand how one can feel lonely when surrounded by millions without having some underlying issue, though.

The same way you can be married and still be lonely. Just because there are people around you doesn't necessarily mean they are not engrossed in their own lives.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
The same way you can be married and still be lonely. Just because there are people around you doesn't necessarily mean they are not engrossed in their own lives.

exactly, one of the greatest examples which expresses this sentiment is from a shot from the movie, Taxi driver. The main character is the epitome of a loner, and is surrounded by people in a crowded sidewalk. Yet, he remains...alone.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim

No I mean how can you not meet and interact with people when there are millions around you ? It seems like quite a task to avoid them all--I can't not interact with people around me despite some good efforts at times.

What kind of marriage is one in which one partner feels lonely (or both?), that sounds awful ... maybe that's why there's such a high divorce rate ?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
What kind of marriage is one in which one partner feels lonely (or both?)

This happens in a lot of instances.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I suppose you;re right, as depressing as it is

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why its such a weird concept. Big cities are part of a dog eat dog environment, it causes people to feel alienated because they are so preoccupied with getting ahead and one upping the next guy.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
All girls and all women want to get fucked good 'n hard by dumb frat boys. Even the married, older, more "mature" women. A woman might settle down with a nice and successful guy and have a good life with him, but when she fantasizes about what really turns her on -- what she'd love, sexually, more than anything else on Earth -- it's not her husband. It's the hot teenage cock of a studly young football jock.

keep_on_trollin.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
I don't see why its such a weird concept. Big cities are part of a dog eat dog environment, it causes people to feel alienated because they are so preoccupied with getting ahead and one upping the next guy.

I think if you're of this mindset then yes, it will happen for you (general you). I may just like socializing with others a lot ?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plus, it depends on ones personality. Not everyone is able to just strike up convos with anyone because they might be more introverted. Plus, I think its hard to ignore that big cities are competitive environments.

Its why I've found the south to be a place where people are more kind, friendly, and hospitable. Since they are very small-minded people that aren't preoccupied with the life big cities offer. Everyones always in a rush in big cities because it seems like time is closing down on you. At least I feel people are this way because of that. In the south everything seems more laid back, and there isn't as much worry.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you understand that women are mentally ill because of all of the lady chemicals, life becomes much easier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads