• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ITT We talk about the belts we own

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eckblk
^^^
Fok- that is insane.
worship.gif

Here's me:

MA+
NiCo
HTC
HTC

IMG_0116.jpg

Really like the MA+ belt. That may be my next deal, but not in black - maybe in the dark grey. The "artisanal" brands make some amazing belts. They get a little spendy though.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
+1 what is HTC? they look nice

Originally Posted by jet
Surprised more people don't jock htc and you figure I'd have one with my boy working at fred segal for years lol. HTC officer boots are dope too always wanted a pair, some dude on here is selling them for ridiculously cheap someone should kop, made in italy too.

Anyway I have an off-white 45rpm, a dope jil grey belt for slimmer jean fits, and a jil marble belt for non jean fits. Don't wear them often though.

I have a Sutor Mantellassi and a Ralph Lauren Purple label belt that I use for more formal occcasions. I'll probably break down and get a Dries van Noten and one of either an MA+ or a Carol Christian Poell belt (the MA+ one in grey, the CCP one in distressed natural, not unlike the current color of my KMW belt).

HTC belts are pretty good, but I really think that the handiwork and craftsmanship on Baltazar belts, which have a similar, rock-country-biker feel, are considerably better.

pandamonium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I've gotten dozens, maybe hundreds of requests throughout the years for pictures of my belt collection. Well, here you go. The only one missing is the thin O-ring belt from MBBrownandCo that I am wearing.

MyBelts1.jpg

From left to right:
Billy Kirk
Robert Geller x Driftwood
Baltazar
Leathergoods Connection
Alan Bilzerian
Barneys
John Varvatos
Atelier LaDurance
MLBRown&Co
MA+
Nice Collective
Nice Collective
Nice Collective
Tanner Goods
Martin Margiela
Julius
Julius
Engineered Garments x Styleforum
Engineered Garments
Engineered Garments
Jean Shop
Jean Shop
Jean Shop
Kicking Mule Workshop
Oliver Spencer
Martin Dingham
Kicking Mule Workshop

There are a few more around, I think, that are not there. Also, a bunch of dress belts are not pictured.

Is that center belt a natural tanner goods? If so, where's the patina?!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pandamonium
Is that center belt a natural tanner goods? If so, where's the patina?!

Yes, it is. I haven't really worn it much. The patina can be seen on the KMW belt though.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA Guy: Is the LGC belt harness leather? How does it stack up against the others in terms of quality?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Dior '07 D-Point Belt
Dior '07 Double Wrap Belt
MMM '09 Nail Buckle Belt

I need a better formal belt.
frown.gif

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All these belts pale in comparison to a dual layer horsehide belt from the Beltman, which will last several lifetimes.
boxing[1].gif

mikecch

Reaction score
^ Not so sure of a dual layer design lasting several lifetimes... I prefer the single layer 10oz horsehide belt from Buco (McCoy). The belts I'm using at the moment: * Dolce Vita x Clever garrison belt, 15oz veg. tanned US steer hide * faith x Ken type II 'industrial' belt, 10.5oz compressed, veg. tanned bridle (compressed from around 12/13oz I think) * custom-made (in UK) belt, 15oz oak-bark tanned leather And coming soon... another 15oz belt made by unlucky
smile.gif
I'll put up some pics when my photobucket links start working again...

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
will follow this thread with great interest
lurker[1].gif
am currently looking for a baller belt that fits the jeans/SW&D aesthetic. i currently use a wide dark brown croc Brioni with my jeans that is the most casual of any of the belts i own, but maybe still too MC for SF approval
frown.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol @ mc dus wearing chunky western belts (not you my fellow laker lover)

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikecch
^ Not so sure of a dual layer design lasting several lifetimes...
I prefer the single layer 10oz horsehide belt from Buco (McCoy).

The belts I'm using at the moment:
* Dolce Vita x Clever garrison belt, 15oz veg. tanned US steer hide
* faith x Ken type II 'industrial' belt, 10.5oz compressed, veg. tanned bridle (compressed from around 12/13oz I think)
* custom-made (in UK) belt, 15oz oak-bark tanned leather

And coming soon... another 15oz belt made by unlucky
smile.gif

I'll put up some pics when my photobucket links start working again...

Mike, what are the thicknesses of the 10oz and 15oz belts?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't realize the SFxEG belt was such an awesome color.

diamonds

Reaction score
i own one black belt that i got from a thrift store to hold my work pants up and thats what i wear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads