• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top 10 Favorite Shops

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Hey Derrick, is this where you got your ann demeulemeester shoes? Really nice stuff, how much does a pair of those run?

xcoldricex

Reaction score
i don't own ann demeulemeester shoes. thinking of poell maybe? i got those at l'eclaireur- the shopping experience there was pleasant, but not as nice as shopping in lift. but i have to give them some points as i managed to get a decent discount out of them.
smile.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lloyd
Here are a number of shops in London that I visit regularly:

Poste, 10 South Molton Street, Mayfair.

Excellent array of footwear; stocks both sneakers and smarter shoes. Casual-wise they have a wide selection from dior and Y3, via addidas to converse, with the occasional more unusual item such as CdG/Fred Perry collaborations. Up at the smart end they have a smaller selection of not particularly well made leather shoes and boots from labels like Paul Smith.

Wow Retro, 10 - 16 Mercer Street, near 7 dials.

Massive amout of second hand stuff in here with a high concentration of decent items amidst the tat. Good on polo shirts and v-knecks with some nice suits too. I also picked up a decent raincoat here last winter.

Hub, 49 (I think) Stoke Newington Church Street.

Lovely little shop this, but rather off the circuit, catering to the expensive tastes of trendy media types slumming it in Hackney. Stock raw Edwin, Acne and levis plus an excellent selection of washed jeans in these and other varities. Also sell nice penguin, fred perry etc polos.

Brick Lane Market, Sundays from early morning till 2pm.

Exceedingly fun shopping experience, with all sorts of junk, not just clothes! Definately worth a punt if you can bestir yourself at a reasonable hour on sunday.

I'd also like to re-iterate that Liberty's is an excellent store, carrying the widest selection of raw jeans I've seen in London (APC, Nudie, PRPS, R&B). I also love the liberty print shirts in the classic menswear section; I've seen a chap selling shirts he's fashioned himself straight from the prints for half the price at Brick Lane Market.

Will post my Oxford picks if anybody's interested.

Please do, I am moving to Oxford in a couple of months!!

K

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
i don't own ann demeulemeester shoes. thinking of poell maybe? i got those at l'eclaireur- the shopping experience there was pleasant, but not as nice as shopping in lift. but i have to give them some points as i managed to get a decent discount out of them.
smile.gif

Yeah Poell shoes, those are pretty sweet. Do they sell anywhere in the states? Tried google it but no luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads