• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's Official: JCrew Sucks

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I had ordered my wife's Christmas present on December 21. Knowing it may not get there in time for her, i paid for next day shipping. Dec 22, no product. Dec 23, no product. Dec 24, WRONG PRODUCT ARRIVES with the items I did order detailed on the receipt. Called customer service, and they told me the earliest I could have my wife's Christmas gift was Dec 30. I told them that was unacceptable. They essentially were saying nothing could be done to make the situation right, allowing me to keep the items mistakenly sent, offering me a gift card for $25 to make up for the experience, and refunding the funds to my account (which was done almost a week later).

So, its February, and no gift card...thats because after they got off the phone with me, I told them that I couldn't have my wife wait for her Christmas gift, and I didn't want them to resend the order, so they credited me a card, then cancelled it. So, I assumed I'd at least be able to exchange the goods they sent mistakenly for something, for the inconvenience... my wife went to the JCrew store today to exchange the goods...and they just took them from her.

So essentially, I paid $500 for items for my wife at Christmas, got the WRONG shipment late, making me look like an ass, and leaving my wife's stocking empty, and got no compensation from the company. Needless to say, they lost a customer for life...hope no one else has had such miserable experiences with them.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why did you wait until the 21st to figure out what you were getting your wife for christmas?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks I feel bad for you. I would hate to have that happen to me. I guess im lucky I never saw what was so good about J Crew.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno Rob, I have to say I am on the fence. It sucks that they didn't get the order right, but you were taking a big chance placing a last minute order at the busiest time of the year. Sounds like they were proposing to let you keep what they had sent mistakenly for free, and send you a gift card on top. I think that was fairly reasonable. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience though, but I've gotta say, for me, J Crew has had some of the best customer service I have experienced.

xanatos

Reaction score
Jcrew does not suck sir!

Geez I thought you were going to actually write something good. You just sound like a big baby.Be a man and dont whine to some kids on the internet and actualy do something about it and call Jcrew

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Jcrew customer service. Actually, they've always been incredible to me.

insideman

Reaction score
maybe im reading this wrong, but the fact that they were going to let you keep some free items without charging you for the original order seems like a decent effort on their part

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
J.crew customer service is great. I've bought a couple final sales items before and wanted to return them and all you have to do is send them an angry email and they practically send Harry Keitel to send you a personal apology.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
From someone who has worked as customer service for an online business, I can say that mistakes happen. And sometimes, a company is going to make their share of mistakes (more than
one) with a certain customer. While your situation is unfortunate, keep in mind that this incident was during the busiest time of the year. Some of these people are being over worked and stressed out.

It really just sounds like you were not patient enough to get it worked out properly. Almost every business will do their best to rectify a screw up, but if you call all pissed off and giving them attitude, even if you're right, there's less chance you're going to get any favors. If you called one more time to get it straightened out, I'm sure it would have been handled. J.Crew has great customer service. Sounds like you were just being an ass.

Plus, do you think your wife is going to love you less if you tell her what happened? Probably the only thing she would be pissed about is that you waited until a few days before Christmas to buy her something.

Give the customer service people a break, please?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More details on what transpired in the store please.

I'm having visions of the S/A literally grabbing the "free" items from your wife, while she resists, and then a tug of war ensues.

insideman

Reaction score
yea, i'm also curious as to what happened in store. Something tells me that your wife was frustrated and just left it there rather than trying to resolve the problem differently.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by insideman
maybe im reading this wrong, but the fact that they were going to let you keep some free items without charging you for the original order seems like a decent effort on their part
+1, I've always been treated very well by them.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never had bad experiences with them either, before this.

I never got the gift card. My wife was at the store, told her when she wanted to pick up something in exchange for the items we had...they told her that these scanned as already returned. She argued with the guy, or at least told me she did...I wasn't there.

Anyway, we have two kids under 18 months at home, so I didn't have the luxury of really "shopping". We agreed rather than go nuts on each other at XMas we'd spend on the kids...we set a limit @~$400 for each other, and I picked out a few things.

Re: cutting it close...**** happens. They had 4 days to get my order to me (remember I paid for next day shipping). If the wrong order had gotten to me on time, they could have fixed it in time for XMas, or at least I could have given her a gift card. Don't offer next day shipping if its not going to get done.

I also think their product isn't as good as it used to be. Specifically their shirts. they used to wear like iron, now every other wash a button comes off, or stitching unravels...
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads