It's College Football Season boys!!!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by TexasLidig8r, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

*sigh* You guys act like your teams never ever lost against A&M.

FWIW - again I am supporting two alma maters, fortunately they will never play each other.

I only remember my school losing once to A&M since I was a student/alum. You have to like Mike Leach since he's one of the only coaches that will talk shit. Nobody wants to hear "utmost respect for *insert school".

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

If Texas doesn't make it to the BCS NC Game then their year was a bust. With that being said, my Red Raiders better win against A&M.

The wailing and gnashing of tooth by aggy after yet another loss to the Pirate and his Crew.. is priceless.

[​IMG]

*sigh* You guys act like your teams never ever lost against A&M.

FWIW - again I am supporting two alma maters, fortunately they will never play each other.

The SEC may rule college football (as the knobslobberers at the Eastern Sports Promotional Network would have us believe).. but overall.. Texas is 95 - 44 - 4 against all SEC schools... including 9 - 0 - 2 against Florida and Alabama combined.

But.. my oh my.. the lovely co-eds at Ole Miss.... !!

yeah, yeah, count on a t-sipper to coast on their past glories and all that.

And - that 2047 number you quoted is meaningless to me. I didn't take the elective where we counted that high.

(right about now I'm wishing there was an irony smiley. ah well).

All this smack talk (especially Thomas spilling forth the vitriol) is giving me a raging hard-on!

3. js4design

js4design Senior member

[​IMG]

Too bad that last year we had to play Florida for the SEC championship, when Alabama was undefeated in regular season play.

Friggin' Tebow ran all over us. He did the same thing to Coach Mike Shula, too, when he wouldn't manup and tell him he intended to go to Florida, not Bama.

This weekend I hope Alabama wipes the Georgia Dome with some Hokie azz! I'll be there.

i think you're going to have to do more than just hope. Go Hokies!

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I only remember my school losing once to A&M since I was a student/alum. You have to like Mike Leach since he's one of the only coaches that will talk shit. Nobody wants to hear "utmost respect for *insert school".

I am definitely older than you.

That said, if A&M beats either Tech or Texas (not that I'm holding my breath this year or anything) it will be a good year. And when I was at A&M, I never would have thought I'd hear myself saying THAT.

5. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

[​IMG]

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I am definitely older than you.

That said, if A&M beats either Tech or Texas (not that I'm holding my breath this year or anything) it will be a good year. And when I was at A&M, I never would have thought I'd hear myself saying THAT.

Stop it, Thomas! STOP IT! I can not have you tainting my opinion of you with your Aggie talk!

Fine, I won't come back into this thread so I can maintain my last vestiges of respect for you.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

is it saturday yet???

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Stop it, Thomas! STOP IT! I can not have you tainting my opinion of you with your Aggie talk!

Fine, I won't come back into this thread so I can maintain my last vestiges of respect for you.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

hur hur, you said taint. [​IMG]

FWIW - one of my exes graduated from UT (but kindly hasn't rubbed in any snide remarks via FB), as did some relatives, and Mrs. T carries around a Longhorn backback that our FC simply HAD to HAVE. I agreed to send him to UT if he worked hard and got his act straight. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would to make that deal.

9. kooky

kooky New Member

Ahhh. It's that time of year again. I've got my season tickets in hand, and I can't wait until Saturday.
    Let the trash talk start flying!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

10. SenorMatador

SenorMatador Senior member

Go Bucks.

That is all.

Oh, and OSU>USC.

11. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Go Bucks.

That is all.

Oh, and OSU>USC.

Haha, I'm flying out to see this game at the Shoe. I hate USC, but as a Californian, I need to support the state. Maybe I'll just wear my Cal shirt. [​IMG]

12. modern_leifeng

modern_leifeng Senior member

Haha, I'm flying out to see this game at the Shoe. I hate USC, but as a Californian, I need to support the state. Maybe I'll just wear my Cal shirt. [​IMG]

Finally some, if a little mistaken, Pac 10 love...

FIGHT ON!!!

13. ama

ama Senior member

USC with a true freshman QB will be exciting. (still don't like them...)

14. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r Senior member

Words of advice from a Texas - Ex who was in Columbus in 2005...

1. After the game, travel in packs.

2. Avoid packs of tOSU t-shirt after the game.. especially those who look drunk especially on Lane Street.

3. Get ready for obscenity laden trash talk and threats directed your way.

lol.. The Bucks have announced a public service campaign in essence asking their fans not to be jerks when our boys from the Naval Academy are offered up as sacrificial lambs.

http://deadspin.com/5346198/ohio-sta...r-five-seconds

Good luck with Swing State Aggy.

15. thinman

thinman Senior member