It's College Football Season boys!!!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by TexasLidig8r, Sep 1, 2009.

1. ohm

ohm Senior member

If I wanted to watch slow, sub-par football being played by people I've never heard of and who should spend less time lifting weights and more time learning how to make a real living and cheered on by nutjobs who should probably wake up to reality, I'd tune in to the CFL.

Life as a big ten fan sure is rough.

2. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I fucking LOVE football season. Heading down to Doak Campbell, tailgating until the game begins, tailgating afterwards if we win. Good times.

I just hope we have a decent team this year. 7-4 sucks, Big Ten teams excluded.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I fucking LOVE football season. Heading down to Doak Campbell, tailgating until the game begins, tailgating afterwards if we win. Good times. I just hope we have a decent team this year. 7-4 sucks, Big Ten teams excluded.
    You're going down Monday night

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

You're going down Monday night

[​IMG]

Keep details about your personal lives contained to PMs thanks.

5. bwong337

bwong337 Senior member

Haha, I'm flying out to see this game at the Shoe. I hate USC, but as a Californian, I need to support the state. Maybe I'll just wear my Cal shirt. [​IMG]
    As a UCLA alumni and brother of a buckeye, I can't agree with this statement more.
    +100000

6. GrillinFool

GrillinFool Senior member

As someone who grew up around St. Louis I didn't have Shit to watch in terms of college football in my area. Illinois had a good D every year but sucked. Mizzou just plain sucked. I adopted a team that was on every week. Notre Dame. Feel free to mock away.

I love ND. A few years ago my BiL and I went up to visit his friend who was as senior there. We went to the Syracuse game on the last game of the season. He snuck into the senior section and I got to do the pushups on top of the crowd after the first TD. Friggin incredible.

I root for the local teams, Mizzou and Illinois (born in Illinois, live in MO for the last 10 years). Going to the dome on Sat for the Border War between them. I'll be sporting the black, my dad the blue and orange. Oh and we're tailgating like mofos. Hauling down 4 grills, a 10X10 awning, 15 slabs of ribs, 5 bags of chicken, couple hundred atomic buffalo turds, a few fatties and a bunch of crostinis. And we're giving it all away. Marketing the blog...

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Football tonight.

8. bwong337

bwong337 Senior member

Oregon vs Boise State... it's gonna be good!
    Go Ducks!

9. thetieguy

thetieguy Senior member

As long as Florida and Tim Tebow don't win it all, I will be happy. It should be an interesting season for U of M. They better beat Western Michigan on Saturday or Rich Rod is done here.

10. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r Senior member

I adopted a team that was on every week. Notre Dame. Feel free to mock away.

I love ND. A few years ago my BiL and I went up to visit his friend who was as senior there. We went to the Syracuse game on the last game of the season. He snuck into the senior section and I got to do the pushups on top of the crowd after the first TD. Friggin incredible.

So.. my Longhorns went to South Bend to play Notre Dame in 1995. I'm staying with my then wife's good friend in Chicago. A group of4 of us make the short drive to South Bend on game day... Brisk, sunny September day.... well, one person in the group.. his mom works in the athletic office. We pick up our tickets at the stadium and..

I'm sitting in the N.D. alumni section.. on the 50 yard line in my burnt orange shirt.. and lo and behold.. Dickie V... Dick Vitale is sitting right behind me!

Well.. we hung tough for a half but after halftime, the Irish start to pull away... I'm pounding down Maker's Marks.... and Dickie V starts to let me have... "hey hey.. Texas fans babeeee... hit the bus Longhorns... Game over babeee..."

Mofo was cracking me up. A good sport.

Before their stadium was expanded, it was great.. "touchdown Jesus" [now renamed Touchdown Jeebus in honor of Tim Tebow].

Just a great gameday atmosphere.

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

Ugh...why won't Saturday hurry up and get here!?

12. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Ugh...why won't Saturday hurry up and get here!?

inorite?

Worst. Season Opener. Ever.

13. ama

ama Senior member

14. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

Saturday needs to wait just long enough for the cable installer to show up this afternoon and for me to pick up some brews.

15. Crakaveli

Crakaveli Senior member

being from the south, college football is life.

the nba and mlb can disappear.