• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's College Football Season boys!!!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
SHOULD. FSU SHOULD be good every year. "This is the fastest defense I've ever coached" or "Rix is finally coming into his prime" or "Wow, this Xavier Lee/Drew Weatherford Combo looks great" or "hey, this ******* awesome offensive coordinator is coming into the program" or...you get the point. Few teams perennially have as much potential as FSU.
The solution: Fire Bobby Bowden

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
The solution: Fire Bobby Bowden

OR the better solution is....GET HIM INVOLVED IN THE GAME AGAIN. Once he stopped calling plays, the team went to ****. Now he has very little input into the team, no control, and any and everything happens. He doesn't even watch the games any more. If he actually did something as head coach, FSU would be good as ******* gold.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
OR the better solution is....GET HIM INVOLVED IN THE GAME AGAIN. Once he stopped calling plays, the team went to ****. Now he has very little input into the team, no control, and any and everything happens. He doesn't even watch the games any more. If he actually did something as head coach, FSU would be good as ******* gold.
That's why he needs to go. What kind of head coach doesn't watch the ******* game? Its ridiculous. The old boy needs to be put out to pasture already.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's why he needs to go. What kind of head coach doesn't watch the ******* game? Its ridiculous. The old boy needs to be put out to pasture already.

I agree (in part). He either has to be the ******* head coach or GTFO. He can't have his cake and eat it too.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
So is Tim Tebows season going to go downhill? I think he'll play the same as he did before. Lots of "experts/critics" think that the concussion is going to alter his game the rest of the year. It seems people are growing tired of the Meyer/Tebow era.

Gators next game is on 10/10 vs LSU, which I was worried about preseason, but after watching LSU play I'm not worried, BUT any team can beat any team anytime.

so Bama/Gators rematch in SEC Championship game in atlanta again? will be same outcome!!
teacha.gif

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unbreakable
So is Tim Tebows season going to go downhill? I think he'll play the same as he did before. Lots of "experts/critics" think that the concussion is going to alter his game the rest of the year. It seems people are growing tired of the Meyer/Tebow era.

I think the biggest problem for Tebow is going to be avoiding more concussions. Aren't concussions one of those injuries to which you're much more susceptible after your first?

Tebow doesn't seem to play tentatively after injuries, so I don't think it will change his play style. However, I'll be curious to see if Meyer changes the way he uses Tebow. My wife is a Gator, so I watch most of their games. All season I've been saying "I can't believe they're letting Tebow keep taking hits like this, it's going to catch up with him." He was running the ball two and three times in a row against Troy, and he'd take a pop every time. I know Saturday's injury had nothing to do with how many hits the guy takes, but I'm willing to bet Meyer holds his breath on every single one for the rest of the season. Tebow might not play like he's been hurt, but I'll bet he ends up being coached like he's been hurt.

Gators next game is on 10/10 vs LSU, which I was worried about preseason, but after watching LSU play I'm not worried, BUT any team can beat any team anytime.
I think the Georgia-LSU game bodes well for Florida, regardless of the winner. LSU is going to have to dig deep two weeks in a row, and they'll be up against a rested Florida team.

so Bama/Gators rematch in SEC Championship game in atlanta again? will be same outcome!!
teacha.gif
Assuming this is a given, which is far from being the case, do you honestly think Florida is a better team right now than Bama? I haven't seen anything from UF that justifies their ranking, and I definitely don't think they're playing nearly as well as Bama. There is a lot of season left to be played, but what's going on right now doesn't point to UF replicating last season.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
SHOULD. FSU SHOULD be good every year. "This is the fastest defense I've ever coached" or "Rix is finally coming into his prime" or "Wow, this Xavier Lee/Drew Weatherford Combo looks great" or "hey, this ******* awesome offensive coordinator is coming into the program" or...you get the point.

Few teams perennially have as much potential as FSU.

Poor coaching has ruined the team, as you guys have pointed out. There is a schism now between Bobby's guys (Chuck Amato, Odell Hagins, Jodie Allen) and Jimbo's guys (Trickett, Dawsey, etc..).

It had the potential to be an almost ideal situation - Bobby handles the fundraising, the boosters, and maybe a little bit of the recruiting, giving Jimbo more time to, well, coach.

Instead, they have structured it in the most half-assed way possible. There are five coaches with the words "head coach" in their title. Jimbo has been overruled several times when coaches who should be lower have gone over his head to Bobby.

Mickey Andrews cannot handle a variant (i.e. spread or option) offense. Our special teams are atrocious. Our clock management (witness the Miami game) is terrible.

If Bobby doesn't leave after next season, the school must pay Jimbo a $5,000,000 buyout. This is equivalent to 10% of the entire athletic department's budget.

He must go. I love the man, I've had the great pleasure of talking to him one-on-one a few times. But he doesn't have the energy anymore. He's wearing out his welcome.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

The Jacksonville State game was awful. Hearing him say, three times (and being corrected after every time), that "Troy State" had just given us a good game was excrutiating.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I think the biggest problem for Tebow is going to be avoiding more concussions. Aren't concussions one of those injuries to which you're much more susceptible after your first?

Tebow doesn't seem to play tentatively after injuries, so I don't think it will change his play style. However, I'll be curious to see if Meyer changes the way he uses Tebow. My wife is a Gator, so I watch most of their games. All season I've been saying "I can't believe they're letting Tebow keep taking hits like this, it's going to catch up with him." He was running the ball two and three times in a row against Troy, and he'd take a pop every time. I know Saturday's injury had nothing to do with how many hits the guy takes, but I'm willing to bet Meyer holds his breath on every single one for the rest of the season. Tebow might not play like he's been hurt, but I'll bet he ends up being coached like he's been hurt.

I think the Georgia-LSU game bodes well for Florida, regardless of the winner. LSU is going to have to dig deep two weeks in a row, and they'll be up against a rested Florida team.

Assuming this is a given, which is far from being the case, do you honestly think Florida is a better team right now than Bama? I haven't seen anything from UF that justifies their ranking, and I definitely don't think they're playing nearly as well as Bama. There is a lot of season left to be played, but what's going on right now doesn't point to UF replicating last season.

Yes, if you get knocked out its easier to get knocked out again and again, or atleast thats my understanding.

Right now Bama appears to be the better team I agree, but Florida does have a nack for winning games against teams that not too many people think they can win (06vs Buckeyes, 08SEC championship game &08vs Sooners imo)

Im a gator fan so I'll stick with my thought of them vs Bama and gators pulling out the win
smile.gif
I hope

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
If Bobby doesn't leave after next season, the school must pay Jimbo a $5,000,000 buyout. This is equivalent to 10% of the entire athletic department's budget.

Vols had the same thing happen with Fulmer. One year he signs a 6 yr contract and the very next year they oust him for a new coach thus having to buy his contract out. Still pisses me off to even think about that, Fulmer should have been gone back around early 2000. Oh well, let'em waste money.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unbreakable
Vols had the same thing happen with Fulmer. One year he signs a 6 yr contract and the very next year they oust him for a new coach thus having to buy his contract out. Still pisses me off to even think about that, Fulmer should have been gone back around early 2000. Oh well, let'em waste money.

Isn't Tyrone Willingham being paid by both Washington and Notre Dame? That's one rich hobo.
laugh.gif

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
. My wife is a Gator, so I watch most of their games. ..

I bet that makes for some interesting evening chatter one weekend every fall!
smile.gif

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
I bet that makes for some interesting evening chatter one weekend every fall!
smile.gif

It's a unique situation. It can get a little contentious, but we have fun with it. It would be nice to root for the same team, but it's kind of cool to always have an opposing fan to watch the game with me. We've both had to learn to be gracious winners (her more often than me, unfortunately) - you don't want to talk too much smack to the person who shares the bed with you. We've found one fun thing to do is place bets - generally the type in which there is no loser.
devil.gif

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
It's a unique situation. It can get a little contentious, but we have fun with it. It would be nice to root for the same team, but it's kind of cool to always have an opposing fan to watch the game with me. We've both had to learn to be gracious winners (her more often than me, unfortunately) - you don't want to talk too much smack to the person who shares the bed with you. We've found one fun thing to do is place bets - generally the type in which there is no loser.
devil.gif

/agree

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LSU versus Georgia coming up. . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads