Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

It's College Football Season boys!!!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by TexasLidig8r, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Again? Losing on the last play of the game because of a dropped pass isn't getting spanked. Losing by ten points, might be "spanked." Losing by 24 points definitely means you got spanked.
    Yeah, we got our asses handed to us. No doubt about that. The real test will be to see if we can rebound against Oklahoma. At this point, I have my doubts.

2. retroaaron

retroaaron Well-Known Member

Yeah, we got our asses handed to us. No doubt about that. The real test will be to see if we can rebound against Oklahoma. At this point, I have my doubts.

Its reasonable to doubt at this point. I will say, though, that the Miami team that played yesterday was a shell of the team we saw in the first two games. Nowhere near the same confidence in themselves.

3. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r Senior member

What sucks is the fact that the season is already ONE THIRD of the way over!!!!

Basebore has been going on for what seems like forever and its playoffs have not even begun... Pro football has played 3 games....

So.. with 1/3 of the season gone....

Florida, Texas and Bama look to be separating themselves.

Who knows about the wacky Pac 10?

Big 10/11... Ohio St? Penn St? Meatchicken? Ioway? Whoever...

SEC... Tim and the Tebowettes or Bama? I know I know LSU is ranked 4th.. they should have lost to Miss State.

ACC... Va Tech (they should have lost to Nebraska.. who is about the 6th best team in the Big XII...

Big Least... Cincy? and a bunch of spares..

Big XII... Texas... and... well...

Take your pick of Boise State or TCU to make a BCS game this year...

Heisman... has anyone really stepped up?

Surprise team of the year so far? Maybe Allbarn.. That Gus Malzahn offense looks mighty sexy.

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

So.. with 1/3 of the season gone....

Florida, Texas and Bama look to be separating themselves.

SEC... Tim and the Tebowettes or Bama? I know I know LSU is ranked 4th.. they should have lost to Miss State.

I disagree about Florida separating itself. They've played two non-conference cream puffs, and one of those (Troy) spent the first quarter making Florida look like a bunch of idiots. They put it together in the 2nd, but Florida looked embarassingly bad for the first quarter of the that game. If they'd been playing a decent team it wouldn't be worth mentioning, but they weren't. They also sputtered against a pretty weak Tennessee team. They won, but they didn't win like a number one team playing at home. In fact, I don't even think they looked like the best team in the SEC East in that game. This means their only good conference game was against UK, a team that competes with Vandy for the title of doormat of the SEC East. To me, if we don't have preseason rankings UF isn't even in the top five.

I agree with LSU being overrated. I've thought that since the end of last season when all the top 10 talk started. What I don't know is what to make of UGA if we put it together against LSU this Saturday. Where do you rank a team that beats an overrated team?

Being as objective as I can, I don't see a reason to pick either team in the UGA-LSU game. LSU was thisclose to losing to a crappy Mississippi State team, but UGA actually has a loss, albeit in a road game to a then-top 10 team. UGA has a potentially explosive offense, but their defense is made of tissue paper. On the other hand, UGA has played a handful of decent teams, and it hasn't been out of a game. Even the OSU loss wasn't really put away until late in the game. LSU has played, well, pretty much no one, so their 4-0 isn't heads above UGA's 3-1.

5. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

Heisman winner will be Colt McCoy I have very little doubt in my mind to anyone else winning it, and note I am NOT a Texas/McCoy fan.

to bad Jevan Snead was all hype it seems, I'd like to have seen him get it. Or perhaps Eric Berry if he was only on a better team he'd be front runner for sure. Jake Locker? Jacory Harris would have been frontrunner too if not for that embarassment. Javid Best?

hell anyone but mccoy and I'd be happy [​IMG]

LSU is way overrated this year, Chad Jones was their saving grace Saturday. Bama looks better to me this year than last. Dawgs are looking decent as well. Gators seem overrated this year to me and I'm a HUGE gator fan, always have been. Wheres their passing game!? I know the experts are saying they've not needed it yet, but FFS atleast prove that #1 rank is not totally overhyped [​IMG]

6. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

how bout them hokies!!!

7. MrG

MrG Senior member

how bout them hokies!!!

Isn't being the best team in the ACC kind of like being the smartest kid in the slow kids' class? I mean, yeah, you spell better than all of your peers, but the actual smart kids are still sitting in their classroom making fun of the fact that you still spell cat with a "k."

Seriously though, I think the ACC sucks almost uniformly, but VaTech and Miami might be the only reason not to throw the whole conference out of the BCS.

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

how bout them hokies!!!
    [​IMG]

9. js4design

js4design Senior member

Isn't being the best team in the ACC kind of like being the smartest kid in the slow kids' class? I mean, yeah, you spell better than all of your peers, but the actual smart kids are still sitting in their classroom making fun of the fact that you still spell cat with a "k."

Seriously though, I think the ACC sucks almost uniformly, but VaTech and Miami might be the only reason not to throw the whole conference out of the BCS.

yeah, the smart kids also know 6 is a smaller number than 18. just sayin' [​IMG]

10. retroaaron

retroaaron Well-Known Member

If Colt continues to play the way he did against UTEP (I know, not saying much) then he should be considered the frontrunner, especially if they take the OU game and get past Ok. State which will undoubtedly be looking to salvage their season.

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

yeah, the smart kids also know 6 is a smaller number than 18. just sayin' [​IMG]

Dude, I was calling out the ACC, not VaTech. I think VaTech is one of the two quality teams in the ACC, and I think they're ranked appropriately. It's the rest of the conference that blows. There are as many SEC teams in the top five as there are ACC teams in the top 25. Also, Georgia is #14 in the poll that matters, and let us not forget what happened last time the Dawgs played the Castrated Turkeys.

Oh, and six is "less than" 18, not "smaller." [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I hate 99% of Canes fans (although most of the ones that actually attended the school are tolerable), but I really think UM is back on the right track. They probably won't finish in the Top 15, but they look real good and most of their core is young. Glad you guys kept the faith in Shannon.

Next year, both UM and FSU should be very good.

13. js4design

js4design Senior member

Dude, I was calling out the ACC, not VaTech. I think VaTech is one of the two quality teams in the ACC, and I think they're ranked appropriately. It's the rest of the conference that blows. There are as many SEC teams in the top five as there are ACC teams in the top 25. Also, Georgia is #14 in the poll that matters, and let us not forget what happened last time the Dawgs played the Castrated Turkeys.

Oh, and six is "less than" 18, not "smaller." [​IMG] [​IMG]

yeah i know, i had just read a thread on espn with the same premise (acc=special olympics) so i was feeling snarky. but yeah i know you weren't calling us out, we're just quick to defend at this point.

14. js4design

js4design Senior member

I hate 99% of Canes fans (although most of the ones that actually attended the school are tolerable), but I really think UM is back on the right track. They probably won't finish in the Top 15, but they look real good and most of their core is young. Glad you guys kept the faith in Shannon.

i was sitting in a bar in NC a few years ago watching football wearing a VT shirt, and my buddy said something and i started laughing. this guy walking by wearing a miami shirt hears me and assumes i'm laughing about him and just screams at us "WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!"

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

SHOULD. FSU SHOULD be good every year. "This is the fastest defense I've ever coached" or "Rix is finally coming into his prime" or "Wow, this Xavier Lee/Drew Weatherford Combo looks great" or "hey, this fucking awesome offensive coordinator is coming into the program" or...you get the point.

Few teams perennially have as much potential as FSU.