• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian summer jackets recommendations

Padorkous

Reaction score
Hello, I am relatively new to the forum and so far I love it, people here are really helpful kind and joyful!

As everyone knows spring just started and summer is just around the corner and since I am a young guy (18y.o.) and live in Greece where the weather gets really hot really fast i would like to hear any recommendations you may have for summer suits,blazers and jackets. I love that peacock Italian summer style with bright colors and edgy colorful combinations that stand out and grab attention (candy colors, hot pink, emerald green, sapphire blue, ruby red etc.). I want the typical full unstructured type of suits, blazers and jackets with the fabric draping nicely on the body. I am young and an athlete so I would like to avoid the option of bespoke tailoring just because in 1-2 years I won't be able to wear the same clothes but on the other hand, I would like to avoid fast fashion cause most of the times the quality lacks significantly.

I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions!
Thanks in advance!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joyful? You exaggerate.
Nevertheless, you might consider the Belvest
Jacket in the Box line. I do not have personal experience with
these jackets, but I own a lot of Belvest and its is well-made
and fits me very well:

https://stage.belvest.com/it/en/collectionlist/11/jacketinthebox.html

Also, if you find any, Borelli Sorrento might suit you.
They are unconstructed and I am not sure that they are made anymore
I have one in brown linen with besom pockets. Mostly they come in
patch pockets:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=borrelli+sorrento&_sacat=11450

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joyful? You exaggerate.
I don’t know; I’m pretty joyful. At least some of the time.

I think the advice to scour eBay, especially at your age, is very good advice. I can understand not wanting to spend a lot on tailored clothing when you might not be done growing. Look for silk and linen blends in the colors that you want. When you see something in your size, grab it. If you have to have it altered you are still way ahead and you will also learn what suits you and what does not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads