• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is U***n O********s blowing up your style?

Max

Reaction score
Neo-skater punk rock disco *** isn't marketable, so no.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Interestingly, certain brands (espec. H&M and now Uniqlo) are able to do this without the hating that UO inevitably inspires; why is this?

The two above make such fashions affordable, whereas UO is as expensive as anyone. If anything, H&M (no real Uniqlo experience) tries to make clothes that look more expensive than they are (with suits and shirts that are supposed to look like they are from Barneys, Paul Smith, Hugo Boss, etc), while UO takes thrift-storeish looks and jacks up the prices. The latter is definitely a worse brand of posure.

ts4them

Reaction score
I pick up the occasional UO piece, they're certainly not horrible. The t-shirts are stupid, but I've found quite a few decent jackets, stocking caps, scarves, etc.

Reaction score
i like to go into UO for an ego boost.
the people that work there are so damn nice.
and the young women employees are nice to look at.
and the patrons give me a wide berth as i sort through the merch with the air of a scavenger rifling through the pockets of war casualties, looking for small treasures.

cmrocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
but I have never encountered such a level of artiste-elitism, and douchebaggery as I have with the UO staff.

I find the same thing with the staff at all the American Apparel stores around here.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
and the young women employees are nice to look at.

I'm still not certain if the rest of your post is 100% snark, but you do have a point here.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
wow. i find AA staff very nice, too. maybe it is my positive vibrations
They think you're Sean Lennon and they're starfuckers, man.
wink.gif

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i went into an UO only once. the staff were nice to me, i think.

same with AA. the one time i went to a store they were alright. once my ex left the store they were much nicer actually....

jl3969

Reaction score
if only i could be in the position of UO... **** it must be amazing to have all the monies. if only there was a machine that literally turned internet message board hate into actual useful substances. the world would actually be a much better place.

its called a business, i cant theres still people bitching about the fundamental processes of a business after this many years in the USA. Just like the morons in the Nike thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads