• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this suit too big for me?

Reklama

Reaction score
Hello people,

I came to this forum by googling for "too big suit" and I noticed similar threads where people posted their photo and asked how it looks: so please could you help me out too?

I've just bought a suit and I am not sure whether I will return it or not, I feel it that it is a bit loose compared to my previous suit.
(I am 17 and I bought it for school).

First of all my photo in t-shirt so you know my size (M):
p1010452q.jpg

p1010448e.jpg

In suit:

p1010455c.jpg

Thanks a lot and looking forward for good answers (please less humor)
smile.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To my eye it looks too full and the sleeves are too long. These are issues that can be fixed by a good tailor. I'm not an expert so you may want to hear the opinions of others.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My eyes see it as too long and too big in the shoulders. Maybe try sizing down- what size did you buy?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoulders and chest are too big and the arms are too full. It is also too long. You could easily go down a size. It looks like the jacket is a long, you should go down one size and get a shorter jacket.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes.

emakris

Reaction score
The pictures are rather dark to be certain but I, too, am of the opinion that the suit is one or even two sizes too big.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Too big, and too much so to bother with tailoring it. What do you need a suit for in high school?

PS: You look like you're in pain wearing it (smiling in jeans, angry face in suit?)

robba

Reaction score
you need full body shots, and we don't know how long you are
anyway it looks to long and big.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robba
you need full body shots, and we don't know how long you are
That's what she said. Seriously, though, the suit is at least a size too big. Try one size smaller and see what it looks like. Theoretically you could take that one to a tailor, but why bother? He's only going to be able to do so many things, and, to a large extent, messing with the shoulders probably isn't one of them. Find a suit that fits you perfectly in the shoulders. That should be your starting point, because that's the hardest part of the suit to alter. You'll know a suit fits you in the shoulders when there's little to no overhang of suit material beyond the point where your own shoulders end. The suit's shoulders and your own should match up.

Reklama

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the replies - they just proved that I did a mistake buying that one
smile.gif

Anyway, here is the same, but size down:

p1010460.jpg

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a little full, you might want to have the sides taken in a bit and the sleeves shortened a bit as well. It seems to fit well elsewhere, just have a tailor take care of the sides and sleeves.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleeves certainly look better, but you are slouching a little but too much in the picture to get a full picture. Also, unbutton the bottom button.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads