• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this place Legit? (Conti Couture)

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pendragon

Reaction score
I think you're being a little harsh. I've never used the site, but it looks perfectly legit. Running Whois on the domain name shows a person & phone number. Plus you can pay via paypal or credit card, so you're pretty well protected. I suggest you try it out with a small purchase and report back to us.

Last edited:

Patriotsgrrl

Reaction score
Thank you Pendragon... That comment is a bit harsh. Yes, my site is legit, and yes, we did close the store front after my parents passed away. I had an addition built that I use as a home office. (but maybe you already knew that mike from google earth??) :paranoia: and Yes, I know, I've had aol since the early 90's... lol I have been meaning to change that on the site.. If you need to contact me, or have any concerns, my email is [email protected].
Thanks for the benefit of the doubt! :)
Gia
www.conticouture.com

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's try this again. All the text in the about us page...

About Us

CONTI COUTURE

[email protected]
51 North Broadway
Haverhill, MA US

Need help or just don't like placing orders over the Net? Contact Us.

Here at Conti Couture, we offer new and near new Authentic designer goods at the BEST prices. Brands include Ermenegildo Zegna, Armani Collezioni, Hugo Boss, Dolce & Gabbana, Canali, Isaia Napoli, Burberry, and more - and ALL ITEMS ARE ALWAYS GUARANTEED 100% AUTHENTIC

Thanks for shopping with us!

Please note the near new verbage. IMO a fancy website run by a small resale type of shop.

polski

Reaction score
This website and business is not legitimate. Many people placed orders and have not received their items or she sends junk. The customer tries to get back via email or phone and she doesnt return the calls. If she does get back to you she'll have a long list of excuses. Stay away. If the deal sounds to good.........?. Go to the website "dappered threads" for reviews

polski

Reaction score
If New Without Tags mean holes and frays in the fabric. If customer service mean no replies on phone calls and emails. By the way if you read the posts there about of even amount of good to bad experiences. If a 50 % chance of getting good service and a good product sounds good to you, by all means shop there.

Last edited:

polski

Reaction score
Well 50% took that chance and got screwed. Don't take me wrong. I don't mind a pre owned suit if it's in excellent condition. And while shopping online that definition of "excellent" or "mint" can have a lot of gray area. That is the chance the buyer takes. For me it's the thrill of the hunt. I bought some great suits at some great prices. But to not send items and when items are sent they are nothing short of garbage is way out of line and not acceptable. Personally i have not had a bad experience on EBAY in terms of customer service. I have been disappointed with some of the suits (an "excellent" was really a "good"). But I take responbility for my participation.

Dap1

Reaction score
DO NOT BUY FROM CONTI COUTURE!!!

Long-time browser, first-time poster. I saw this thread and it touched a nerve. I made the mistake of ordering from Conti Couture. Polski is right: there's a very good chance you won't get what you ordered and the owner will send junk instead. Plus, even if the order isn't shipped, she'll still charge your card! If and when she responds to your emails, she'll come up with every excuse in the book as to why the shipment wasn't correct or hasn't been sent...yet. Check out the comments posted about Conti Couture at "Dappered Threads" and, as of this writing, in two reports at "Ripoff Report." With such poor customer service and a bad rep, I don't expect it to be in business much longer. Caveat emptor.

STAY AWAY!!!

Last edited:

Dissipointed

Reaction score
Warning!!!!!!!!! Do not purchase from this site. I have had two experiences and both were terrible. This person will lie to you as many times as it takes to get your money, and only if threatened will give you a refund. Go to your local thrift store. It will be one quarter the price and you will get your merchandise.

BrioniFan

Reaction score
Good Morning. On October 3, 2012, I searched google for a solid black Brioni suit (no size specified). One of the links was to Conticouture. I found a solid black Brioni escorial. To my amazement, it was my size. I then emailed conticouture to see if they could send me more photos of the suit and some measurements. Gia was very prompt and extremely gracious. Later that same day I received 4 more pictures of the suit and the labels and lining in addition to the measurements that I requested. I had never heard of conticouture before, neither had I read any reviews good or bad. The suit had been $975, reduced to $675. However Gia wrote again telling me to make sure I used the Fall coupon, which took another 30% off the price. I bought it.
After buying it, Gia emailed that she included some things that might go with the Brioni. Unfortunately, after loading the package with more and having already put the postage on, the suit came back to Gia. Gia apologzed profusely and instead of sending it USPS again, then sent it UPS next day mail.
All through the process, Gia has gone way out of her way. She has been extremely helpful and most gracious. Needless to say, when the Brioni arrived, I couldn't have been happier. The suit was practically new, with unhemmed pants. It was a genuine Brioni suit.
I was so happy with conticouture, that I also bought a Loro Piana black baby cashmere sweater for 7% of what it'd cost at Neimen Marcus (93% off the NM price).
Both packages arrived, and the suit and sweater were in excellent shape.

This has been my objective experience with conticouture, and I'm happier than a pig in mud.
Thank you gentlemen.
Thank you Gia for all your help...for going way out of your way when it wasn't necessary.

Last edited:

BrioniFan

Reaction score
Warning!!!!!!!!! Do not purchase from this site. I have had two experiences and both were terrible. This person will lie to you as many times as it takes to get your money, and only if threatened will give you a refund. Go to your local thrift store. It will be one quarter the price and you will get your merchandise.
If I had read reviews before, I seriously doubt that I'd take advice from someone who can't even spell his own screen name correctly.
Whispers: It's spelled "d..i..s..a..p..p..o..i..n..t..e..d"

polski

Reaction score
BrioniFan: You are full of it. ContiCouture is a worthless sight. People have been ripped off. To any reading Brioni's review, be very skeptical. You only get lies at ContiCouture. THE SIGHT IS A RIP OFF!!!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thejazzcat