1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is this place Legit? (Conti Couture)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Gauss17, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

http://www.conticouture.com/

The prices are honestly pretty awesome, almost like ebay/B&S. Anyone know anything about them and if they are legit?

2. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

3. pendragon

pendragon Senior member

I think you're being a little harsh. I've never used the site, but it looks perfectly legit. Running Whois on the domain name shows a person & phone number. Plus you can pay via paypal or credit card, so you're pretty well protected. I suggest you try it out with a small purchase and report back to us.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  4. Patriotsgrrl

Patriotsgrrl Member

Thank you Pendragon... That comment is a bit harsh. Yes, my site is legit, and yes, we did close the store front after my parents passed away. I had an addition built that I use as a home office. (but maybe you already knew that mike from google earth??) :paranoia: and Yes, I know, I've had aol since the early 90's... lol I have been meaning to change that on the site.. If you need to contact me, or have any concerns, my email is Gia@ContiCouture.com.
    Thanks for the benefit of the doubt! :)
    Gia
    www.conticouture.com

5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Let's try this again. All the text in the about us page...

About Us

CONTI COUTURE

conticouture@aol.com
    51 North Broadway
    Haverhill, MA US

Need help or just don't like placing orders over the Net? Contact Us.

Here at Conti Couture, we offer new and near new Authentic designer goods at the BEST prices. Brands include Ermenegildo Zegna, Armani Collezioni, Hugo Boss, Dolce & Gabbana, Canali, Isaia Napoli, Burberry, and more - and ALL ITEMS ARE ALWAYS GUARANTEED 100% AUTHENTIC

Thanks for shopping with us!

Please note the near new verbage. IMO a fancy website run by a small resale type of shop.

6. polski

polski Member

This website and business is not legitimate. Many people placed orders and have not received their items or she sends junk. The customer tries to get back via email or phone and she doesnt return the calls. If she does get back to you she'll have a long list of excuses. Stay away. If the deal sounds to good.........?. Go to the website "dappered threads" for reviews

7. rgoldstein

rgoldstein Senior member

I read some threads on dappered threads and there are many satisfied customers as well.

8. polski

polski Member

If New Without Tags mean holes and frays in the fabric. If customer service mean no replies on phone calls and emails. By the way if you read the posts there about of even amount of good to bad experiences. If a 50 % chance of getting good service and a good product sounds good to you, by all means shop there.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  9. rgoldstein

rgoldstein Senior member

I was not denying that the service was questionable at best, but a major bargain may be worth taking a chance on. Thats all.

10. polski

polski Member

Well 50% took that chance and got screwed. Don't take me wrong. I don't mind a pre owned suit if it's in excellent condition. And while shopping online that definition of "excellent" or "mint" can have a lot of gray area. That is the chance the buyer takes. For me it's the thrill of the hunt. I bought some great suits at some great prices. But to not send items and when items are sent they are nothing short of garbage is way out of line and not acceptable. Personally i have not had a bad experience on EBAY in terms of customer service. I have been disappointed with some of the suits (an "excellent" was really a "good"). But I take responbility for my participation.

11. Dap1

Dap1 New Member

DO NOT BUY FROM CONTI COUTURE!!!

Long-time browser, first-time poster. I saw this thread and it touched a nerve. I made the mistake of ordering from Conti Couture. Polski is right: there's a very good chance you won't get what you ordered and the owner will send junk instead. Plus, even if the order isn't shipped, she'll still charge your card! If and when she responds to your emails, she'll come up with every excuse in the book as to why the shipment wasn't correct or hasn't been sent...yet. Check out the comments posted about Conti Couture at "Dappered Threads" and, as of this writing, in two reports at "Ripoff Report." With such poor customer service and a bad rep, I don't expect it to be in business much longer. Caveat emptor.

STAY AWAY!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  12. Dissipointed

Dissipointed New Member

Warning!!!!!!!!! Do not purchase from this site. I have had two experiences and both were terrible. This person will lie to you as many times as it takes to get your money, and only if threatened will give you a refund. Go to your local thrift store. It will be one quarter the price and you will get your merchandise.

13. BrioniFan

BrioniFan Member

Good Morning. On October 3, 2012, I searched google for a solid black Brioni suit (no size specified). One of the links was to Conticouture. I found a solid black Brioni escorial. To my amazement, it was my size. I then emailed conticouture to see if they could send me more photos of the suit and some measurements. Gia was very prompt and extremely gracious. Later that same day I received 4 more pictures of the suit and the labels and lining in addition to the measurements that I requested. I had never heard of conticouture before, neither had I read any reviews good or bad. The suit had been $975, reduced to $675. However Gia wrote again telling me to make sure I used the Fall coupon, which took another 30% off the price. I bought it.
    After buying it, Gia emailed that she included some things that might go with the Brioni. Unfortunately, after loading the package with more and having already put the postage on, the suit came back to Gia. Gia apologzed profusely and instead of sending it USPS again, then sent it UPS next day mail.
    All through the process, Gia has gone way out of her way. She has been extremely helpful and most gracious. Needless to say, when the Brioni arrived, I couldn't have been happier. The suit was practically new, with unhemmed pants. It was a genuine Brioni suit.
    I was so happy with conticouture, that I also bought a Loro Piana black baby cashmere sweater for 7% of what it'd cost at Neimen Marcus (93% off the NM price).
    Both packages arrived, and the suit and sweater were in excellent shape.

This has been my objective experience with conticouture, and I'm happier than a pig in mud.
    Thank you gentlemen.
    Thank you Gia for all your help...for going way out of your way when it wasn't necessary.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  14. BrioniFan

BrioniFan Member

If I had read reviews before, I seriously doubt that I'd take advice from someone who can't even spell his own screen name correctly.
    Whispers: It's spelled "d..i..s..a..p..p..o..i..n..t..e..d"

15. polski

polski Member

BrioniFan: You are full of it. ContiCouture is a worthless sight. People have been ripped off. To any reading Brioni's review, be very skeptical. You only get lies at ContiCouture. THE SIGHT IS A RIP OFF!!!

16. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Perhaps I was correct in my initial post about this outfit.

17. BrioniFan

BrioniFan Member

My dear Mr Polski
    How dare you tell me that I am "full of it". I am a scientist with a Master's degree in electrical engineering. I therefore know how to be objective in reporting observations. I reported FACTS, unbiased FACTS in my review. You are entitled to your opinion of any site online. However, when someone's experience and assessment differs from your own, do you always resort to a childish attack on the reviewer? Is your opinion the only opinion that is worth anything? Must you project your own experience onto others?
    By the way, the word is spelled SITE, as in WEBSITE....not sight. Sight is the perception of objects by use of the eyes. Look it up bucko, Then grow yourself a pair. You're obviously too much of a child to have grown much of anyything down there. Then learn how to use correct wording before posting again to keep from showing everyone how incredibly ignorant one person can be.

My review stands. I had an excellent experience with conticouture. The suit is at my tailor's now having alterations.
    I'm sorry. After buying the suit, I also bought a Loro Piana cashmere sweater that was also genuine. It was in very good shape and doesn't even need to be drycleaned. So I had 2 good experiences with conticouture, not one.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  18. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

:lurk:

:worship: :worship2:

:teach: "Conti Couture" a proper noun, so it's capitalised and has a space. The possessive apostrophe in "tailor's" is incorrect as well.

As a scientist, you should know that you must support your "FACTS" with proof.

19. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

BrioniFan, this might have been a good response to a critical comment except for the fact you felt you needed to cite your credentials and alma matter to support your assertion that you are objective. So while you may indeed have had a good buying experience with Conti Couture your unnecessary posturing = fail.

I say this in all objectivity without having to cite my degree, profession, alma mater or Scopus ranking.

1 person likes this.
  20. BrioniFan

BrioniFan Member

I are just an engineer. You want proof? I'll give you proof. Send me a mail, then I'll give you my address and I will show you your proof.