• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this forum too critical?

Rufian

Reaction score
Lmao the irony of the people posting that meme is that they were noobs at some point as well which means your wives left yall and now you spend your time on styleforum with stylish brothas?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lmao the irony of the people posting that meme is that they were noobs at some point as well which means your wives left yall and now you spend your time on styleforum with stylish brothas?
Jokes on ya, I've never had a wife. Circlejerking is pretty fun though.

On a serious note, that meme was more directed at defensive noobs who couldn't take constructive criticism without learning a damn thing. The posts in this thread and the other one are truly the most insecure and obnoxious ones I've seen in years.

Rufian

Reaction score
Jokes on ya, I've never had a wife. Circlejerking is pretty fun though.

On a serious note, that meme was more directed at defensive noobs who couldn't take constructive criticism without learning a damn thing. The posts in this thread and the other one are truly the most insecure and obnoxious ones I've seen in years.

Its all entertainment and good fun.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guido.jpg

Pretty sure OP is something similar to the above

modagg

Reaction score
The suit I bought was altered. I'm hearing what people are saying, but there isn't much I can do here. People say that a jacket should fit likes this or that, how does that help me though, when I'm already stuck with this jacket? It doesn't help me much. It may help me in the future, but not RIGHT NOW and I'm still going to have to spend more money to follow their advice.

It's easy to say well just keep going to different stores until you find something that looks ok, yeah, easy to say since you're the one who will be spending it, I already spent hundreds on here and have yet to have a decent suit.

It's like they expect me to just throw away this suit I bought ($550+ alterations cost down the freaking toilet) and just wash and repeat until I find something that the experts here approve of. I already have pants from this suit and I just need a new jacket. I'm not going to go to other stores to buy a whole new suit and spend another $500 when I already wasted like $550+ alteration on a suit they want to just throw in the garbage

I'll just get a 42R unaltered and call it a day
You must not have taken Economics in college? Your $550 suit is a sunk cost; move on. If you want to continue throwing good money after bad, don't go to the internet afterwards looking for validation. FTR I'm typing this while wearing Common Projects

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
It's hard not to be critical in menswear. A lot of people are really bad at it, and if you spend enough time doing it, you lose the patience to say "weeeellllll, it's shorter than I like, but other people might like the length."

I'm involved in /r/malefashionadvice. Some asshole called it the "nicest place on the internet," but we still make snarky remarks when we get sick of answering the same stupid questions again and again.

More to your point... Reasonable minds can differ as to the ideal length for a jacket, and even more as to acceptable lengths for a jacket. Different people answered different times. Naturally, you get different advice from different people who might all have been a little bit right. And they could have been nicer by giving you their most critical advice and simultaneously explaining their less critical opinions, but going through that explanation is work, and we're giving free advice.

modagg

Reaction score
It's hard not to be critical in menswear. A lot of people are really bad at it, and if you spend enough time doing it, you lose the patience to say "weeeellllll, it's shorter than I like, but other people might like the length."

I'm involved in /r/malefashionadvice. Some asshole called it the "nicest place on the internet," but we still make snarky remarks when we get sick of answering the same stupid questions again and again.

More to your point... Reasonable minds can differ as to the ideal length for a jacket, and even more as to acceptable lengths for a jacket. Different people answered different times. Naturally, you get different advice from different people who might all have been a little bit right. And they could have been nicer by giving you their most critical advice and simultaneously explaining their less critical opinions, but going through that explanation is work, and we're giving free advice.

For 15+ years, SF has been answering the same 3 questions.
How much should I size down on my APC, Dior, SLP jeans?
Are my CP, MMM GAT, etc real?
Can somebody ID the jacket that David Beckham or Daniel Craig is wearing?

Then when somebody takes the time to respond to a question that has been answered umpteen times already; they get attitude from the OP when it isn't what they wanted to hear.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads