• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this a 3-2-roll?

Rankiz

Reaction score
Anyone can see if this is a 3-2-roll lapels?
Click here for bigger picture

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It could be a 3/2.5.

There's some rolling beneath the 3rd button.

Rankiz

Reaction score
It's a Cantarelli (italian), might that help on determining it?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It looks like the previous owner wore it (and at some point had it pressed) as a 3/2.5 and the seller didn't recognize this (which was silly of them). Further evidence of the seller's ignorance can be found in the buttoning of the bottom button.

Rankiz

Reaction score

It looks like the previous owner wore it (and at some point had it pressed) as a 3/2.5 and the seller didn't recognize this (which was silly of them). Further evidence of the seller's ignorance can be found in the buttoning of the bottom button.

Well, it's from Yoox, so it have not been used before.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, it's from Yoox, so it have not been used before.
In which case, I'm confused as to why they'd button the top button of a jacket that's been "rolled" at some point and as to why they'd button the bottom button of a...well...why they would button the bottom button at all.

(Yoox will sell store display models, right?)

Last edited:

Rankiz

Reaction score

In which case, I'm confused as to why they'd button the top button of a jacket that's been "rolled" at some point and as to why they'd button the bottom button of a...well...why they would button the bottom button at all.

All blazers, sportsjackets and suits on Yoox have all buttons buttoned on pictures. :S

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a 3 roll 2.

To say that you probably never search through yoox...they have great ability to ruin the look of suit and jackets...

By the way they sell items they get from worldwide stores in stocks, the big part are items that went unsold at the end of season, but they accept literally everything like old items, items without tags etc.
They care only that garments have original inside labels / fabric composition and are not visibly used/damaged.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Indeed. I have never searched through Yoox. Am I missing out on much?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't 3/2 roll mainly a North American thing? This is an Italian jacket, also Yoox is in Bologna, Italy.
Looks like a 3 roll 2.
To say that you probably never search through yoox...they have great ability to ruin the look of suit and jackets...

I'm sure what they do, is just put it on the mannequin, do all the buttons up whatever it is, photograph it, and that's it. AFAICT Yoox is shifting thousands of garments, from hundreds of fashion houses. There's probably no time for elaborate, expensive and beautiful Ralph Lauren catalog style photoshoots.

By the way they sell items they get from worldwide stores in stocks, the big part are items that went unsold at the end of season, but they accept literally everything like old items, items without tags etc.
They care only that garments have original inside labels / fabric composition and are not visibly used/damaged.

It's definitely end of season and old stock that they sell. I'm sure much of what they get is one offs as well, so items are quickly photographed, listed, and then onto the next ones. Yoox product descriptions tend to rather concise and straight to the point.

I've bought a couple of Boglioli jackets from Yoox, and when I made the purchases, those items were immediately marked as sold-out. Also what arrived were the actual jackets in the pictures. Their returns policy is very good, as long as you don't remove the securely attached Yoox tags(Yoox uses sealed tags, and you have to cut them to remove them. But I think that's the same with all new apparel now, sealed tags), or wash the garments, there should be no problem.

BTW this was when I was in the UK.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads