• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Jay-Z done for?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From On To The Next One

Hov on that new ****
N***** like how come
N***** want my old ****
Buy my old album
That pretty much sums up his thoughts on the matter.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
From On To The Next One

That pretty much sums up his thoughts on the matter.

I don't think people are saying they want him to make another RD, atleast I'm not, I'm saying he can't.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
top nas albums in no particular order

-it was written (some of the prodigy/havoc appearances on this were ******* fantastic)
-god's son
-illmatic
-stillmatic
-i am
-*****r album, maybe, but only if you include the *****r tapes mixtape

and an honorable mention to HHID, which had some decent tracks i suppose

his next album is supposedly a collab with one of bob marley's talentless sons (damian). could go either way i suppose

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but yeah if you guys listen to nas and jay on that "i do it for hip hop" track recent luda album, you'll see how far jay's fallen it's an old, old story. rapper is poor, rapper is hungry, rapper raps good --> rapper is successful, rapper gets rich, rapper gives up trying it gets particularly bad in the extreme cases (50 cent for example was quite good on the "power of the dollar" stuff but totally faltered after "get rich"), and there hasn't been a case of anyone getting richer than jay-z, soooo... i guess he's lucky american gangster was even as good as it was

touchthesky

Reaction score
Yeah, but what can you expect really. The dude has been doing this for years and has remained successful for quite a long time. He's older now and his focus in music has changed along with his age. On "I do it for hip hop" he did suck, but every rapper has some ****** verses. American gangster was pretty sick IMO, and the Black album wasn't even that long ago and that was classic.

And what makes you say Damian is talentless? I don't know much about him but his production of Pyrex Vision on Raekwon's Only Built for Cuban Linx II was ill and makes me excited for the new Nas album.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gorthaur Melwasul
Jay Z like all MC have already reach the maximum with Reasonable Doubt.
Then he get rally close with The Blueprint and The Black Album.
Right now, He is a good MC but don't expect an other classic album.

That may be true, but BP3 is pretty much superior to 90% of the commercial garbage out today. Creativity in music is at a stall right now, atleast he brought a little something different to the table.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by touchthesky
And what makes you say Damian is talentless? I don't know much about him but his production of Pyrex Vision on Raekwon's Only Built for Cuban Linx II was ill and makes me excited for the new Nas album.

oh yeah? i just enjoy ribbing the marley kids. i actually liked that last track nas and damian did together. sick beat, tight delivery:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jay-Z can never be done for. He owns the record label who makes his CDs, so unlike 99.9% of other artist who have to prove their CD will sell, he does not. He could make a million dollar+ studio album at the drop of a hat.

Now if you mean will he continue to have huge record sales, I think that has yet to be determined.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads