• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is a american coming in Paris soon?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 02 Nov. 2004, 08:19)
Fouquet's is a trap for tourists in fact... May be you could give me some good adresses for clothes... Thanks for all. May be you will like the box and take one for you too. Do you prefer me to give you Euros or Dollars ?
I only ate at Fouquet's restaurant once, 20 years ago, when it had a Michelin star; it was excellent and reasonably priced. I know that it became a tourist trap later, but I hear that it has improved with the addition of the two star chef from the Hotel Martinez in Cannes. We may try it during our stay. I hear that a nearby new place named Flora is wonderful. I do not do much shopping in Paris; mostly looking. Although the selection is varied and wonderful, Paris is an expensive town and I usually buy my English clothing and shoes in London. I do want to go by Berluti, Albeladejo, John Lobb and Weston. I know that Bexley sells nice trees. I only have 6 pairs of cuff-links, but I want to see the box, in case I want one for myself. Either Euros or Dollars is ok. If you want to pay in Euros, we can use the exchange rate in the newspaper on the day we meet. I usually buy a Herald Tribune or USA Today every day.[/quote] When are you going to receive the box? Tell me how you find the box as soon as you receive it and take a picture with your cufflinks in the box if possible. I have never been to Albaladejo, I heard about this brand on this forum. I will go and see soon. Have you ever been to Aubercy? These shoes are much better than Weston. You have also 2 crocket&jones shop which may be not more expensive than London. I agree with you for London, this is the best city for men. I prefer euros as everybody will save : if the spot rate is for exemple 1.27 USD for 1 EURO and you go to change in an office : you will pay 1.3 UDS for 1 euro I will receive 1.25 USD for 1 euro + fees In this case if i give you 86 euros instead of 109 USD both will save money. Ok for the exchange rate in paper (rate of the day before) the day we will meet each other. I don't know how are tree of Bexley but their brushes are **** as they lose their hair. P.S. What is your size for suits? I have some nice classik convas suit I could let you with good discount as they are too huge for me. I had to bring them to a tailor but have not still found a good one.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have also an H&K shop in Paris, just next champs elysee.

I could ask them to sell you the shirts at sales price but as the employees of this shop are rather moody this may not work...

What else? There is an outlet shopping center near Eurodisney which is good for women and sometimes for men = LA VALLEE. I could go with you if you want.

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
quote]
When are you going to receive the box?

Tell me how you find the box as soon as you receive it and take a picture with your cufflinks in the box if possible.

I have never been to Albaladejo, I heard about this brand on this forum. I will go and see soon.

Have you ever been to Aubercy? These shoes are much better than Weston.

You have also 2 crocket&jones shop which may be not more expensive than London.

I agree with you for London, this is the best city for men.

I prefer euros as everybody will save :
if the spot rate is for exemple 1.27 USD for 1 EURO and you go to change in an office :
you will pay 1.3 UDS for 1 euro
I will receive 1.25 USD for 1 euro
+ fees
In this case if i give you 86 euros instead of 109 USD both will save money.

Ok for the exchange rate in paper (rate of the day before) the day we will meet each other.

I don't know how are tree of Bexley but their brushes are **** as they lose their hair.

P.S. What is your size for suits? I have some nice classik convas suit I could let you with good discount as they are too huge for me. I had to bring them to a tailor but have not still found a good one.
It said 5-6 business days, so I assume next week.
Sorry, I will not be able to take pictures of the box, as I do not have a digital camera.
I will go to Aubercy too, although if you have seen my shoe list, you know that I do not need any.
Euros are fine.
I wear a 40-41R (euro 50-52R) suit depending on the cut, but I am not a big fan of very shaped cardin types of suits. I am more into English.
Ken

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 03 Nov. 2004, 2:09) quote] When are you going to receive the box? Tell me how you find the box as soon as you receive it and take a picture with your cufflinks in the box if possible. I have never been to Albaladejo, I heard about this brand on this forum. I will go and see soon. Have you ever been to Aubercy? These shoes are much better than Weston. You have also 2 crocket&jones shop which may be not more expensive than London. I agree with you for London, this is the best city for men. I prefer euros as everybody will save : if the spot rate is for exemple 1.27 USD for 1 EURO and you go to change in an office : you will pay 1.3 UDS for 1 euro I will receive 1.25 USD for 1 euro + fees In this case if i give you 86 euros instead of 109 USD both will save money. Ok for the exchange rate in paper (rate of the day before) the day we will meet each other. I don't know how are tree of Bexley but their brushes are **** as they lose their hair. P.S. What is your size for suits? I have some nice classik convas suit I could let you with good discount as they are too huge for me. I had to bring them to a tailor but have not still found a good one.
It said 5-6 business days, so I assume next week. Sorry, I will not be able to take pictures of the box, as I do not have a digital camera. I will go to Aubercy too, although if you have seen my shoe list, you know that I do not need any. Euros are fine. I wear a 40-41R (euro 50-52R) suit depending on the cut, but I am not a big fan of very shaped cardin types of suits. I am more into English. Ken
My suits are 52R and 53R so too large anyway. I agree with you, best suits are english. What do you think about H&K? Let me know when you receive the box and give me your feelings about it. I have not see your list but I think you do not buy because you need but because you like shoes otherwise you would only have 3/4 pairs.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hurry up to come as if it goes on Forex like these days I will give you 50 euros for the box.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much is a levi's 501 in US?

If you had enough space in your lugage and enough strenght to carry them, I would me happy to buy 1 or 2 pairs...

christian

Reaction score
How much is a levi's 501 in US?

If you had enough space in your lugage and enough strenght to carry them, I would me happy to buy 1 or 2 pairs...
That's real funny. I had high school classmates who were going to stay in France for a summer in one of those exchange programs. They were thinking of not bringing anything else in their suitcases except Levis to sell. Of course, our french teacher got pissed at this attitude and told us that France was not some 3rd world country.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 05 Nov. 2004, 1:57) How much is a levi's 501 in US? If you had enough space in your lugage and enough strenght to carry them, I would me happy to buy 1 or 2 pairs...
That's real funny. I had high school classmates who were going to stay in France for a summer in one of those exchange programs. They were thinking of not bringing anything else in their suitcases except Levis to sell. Of course, our french teacher got pissed at this attitude and told us that France was not some 3rd world country.
I give you 10 camemberts for one 501 .

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
How much is a levi's 501 in US? Ernest; I prefer St. Marcellin (from Lyon), but I doubt that I have room for any Levi's in my suitcase. I may try some preliminary packing next week after your box arrives. Just in case, what is your waist and length size in inches. Ken
confused.gif

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ernest,05 Nov. 2004, 1:57
How much is a levi's 501 in US? Ernest; I prefer St. Marcellin (from Lyon), but I doubt that I have room for any Levi's in my suitcase. I may try some preliminary packing next week after your box arrives. Just in case, what is your waist and length size in inches. Ken
confused.gif

St Marcelin? No problem. Never mind for jeans the box is already great. My size is 34 for waist and 32 or 34 for lenght. Color = HARD BLUE, RINSED or DARK (You can see color here = http://www.us.levi.com/fal04a/levi/main.jsp) I hope you will find a little place, may be in your wife's handbag or you can wear my 2 jeans under your pant....

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ernest,05 Nov. 2004, 1:57
confused.gif

Ken, could I ask you to put a pair of cufflinks in the box? I like this pair : http://www.cufflinks.com/classtripcuf.html What do you think about them? Seem nice with blue shirt. I do not need particulary cufflinks but the euro is so high that it would be a pitty not to take them. If you can buy them for me, I would be very much grateful. I will find you a good St Marcellin...

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
[quote Never mind for jeans the box is already great. My size is 34 for waist and 32 or 34 for lenght. Color = HARD BLUE, RINSED or DARK (You can see color here = http://www.us.levi.com/fal04a/levi/main.jsp) I hope you will find a little place, may be in your wife's handbag or you can wear my 2 jeans under your pant.... quote] [quote Ken, could I ask you to put a pair of cufflinks in the box? I like this pair : http://www.cufflinks.com/classtripcuf.html What do you think about them? Seem nice with blue shirt. I do not need particulary cufflinks but the euro is so high that it would be a pitty not to take them. If you can buy them for me, I would be very much grateful quote]
Still no box, so I just called them. They said box had been out of stock and just came in today. They will now ship expedited so I should have in 3-4 days. The cuff links have already been shipped to me. Not here yet, however. 501s list for $46 in USA, but discounters sell them for $40 or even $35. There is a 8% sales tax here in Georgia on the jeans. I may not be able to get to a discounter before I leave, but I know that I can get them at the regular price (or maybe less) at a department store (Grand Megasin?) on Saturday. Your link to the colors did not work, but I know you want either the hard blue or the rinsed blue. Â Are you getting my e-mails? For some reason, they are not being saved on my Style Forum sent mail messenger. Please let me know. Ken

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 06 Nov. 2004, 4:19) [quote Never mind for jeans the box is already great. My size is 34 for waist and 32 or 34 for lenght. Color = HARD BLUE, RINSED or DARK (You can see color here = http://www.us.levi.com/fal04a/levi/main.jsp) I hope you will find a little place, may be in your wife's handbag or you can wear my 2 jeans under your pant.... quote] [quote Ken, could I ask you to put a pair of cufflinks in the box? I like this pair : http://www.cufflinks.com/classtripcuf.html What do you think about them? Seem nice with blue shirt. I do not need particulary cufflinks but the euro is so high that it would be a pitty not to take them. If you can buy them for me, I would be very much grateful quote]
Still no box, so I just called them. They said box had been out of stock and just came in today. They will now ship expedited so I should have in 3-4 days. The cuff links have already been shipped to me. Not here yet, however. 501s list for $46 in USA, but discounters sell them for $40 or even $35. There is a 8% sales tax here in Georgia on the jeans. I may not be able to get to a discounter before I leave, but I know that I can get them at the regular price (or maybe less) at a department store (Grand Megasin?) on Saturday. Your link to the colors did not work, but I know you want either the hard blue or the rinsed blue. Â Are you getting my e-mails? For some reason, they are not being saved on my Style Forum sent mail messenger. Please let me know. Ken
I have received your message. NOT rinsed as rinsed seems to be the soft colored fabrics rather for child or women which you can find in several color like green or burgundy. I want the dark BLUE which is just darker than the classic blue denim, the darkest you could find in fact. $46 fits me if it is not far from your home

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics