• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPod - iTunes question

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Is there a way to link songs together so that when you use the shuffle mode and it gets to song 1 (of, say, 10) it will play all 10 songs in order, as if it were one song?

I have some live tracks I want to have my pod play as one continuous track, even tho there are like 25 separate tracks

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that might not be possible if you are "shuffling" individual tracks from your entire library--the iPod is set up to select a random track each time, and I don't think there is anyway to customize this behavior outside toggling between shuffling albums and songs (you can't mix those two types of shuffling).

You could merge all 25 tracks together to create one giant mp3. You do this with iTunes if you have the tracks burned to a cd. Just go to Advanced > Join CD Tracks. There are also lots of little freeware apps that can merge and edit mp3s.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, you can create albums, and have them shuffle between albums, not songs... Other than that, just join the tracks as mentioned above.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce

You could merge all 25 tracks together to create one giant mp3. You do this with iTunes if you have the tracks burned to a cd. Just go to Advanced > Join CD Tracks. There are also lots of little freeware apps that can merge and edit mp3s.

that sounds like it'll work, thanks!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
...which in turn will drive you nuts if you ever only want to hear one song from the set
smile.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
...which in turn will drive you nuts if you ever only want to hear one song from the set
smile.gif

Actually, GS, you might also want to set up that track so that it remembers the playback position so that the next time you come around to it, you don't have to hear the entire set from the beginning. Just "Get Info" on the track, go to "Options," and then tick "Remember playback position." I use this a lot on mp3's of entire shows so I don't have to keep fast forwarding.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merging 25 songs sounds tiresome. I have it set so that the songs just bleed into each other. Like the end of one song will just phase into the beginning of the next song. I think you can set it that way. I just don't remember how. *scratches head*

idlewild

Reaction score
you could also try adjusting the cross fade...i've never done this using itunes but I used to do it all the time with winamp for live bootlegs.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Merging 25 songs sounds tiresome. I have it set so that the songs just bleed into each other. Like the end of one song will just phase into the beginning of the next song. I think you can set it that way. I just don't remember how. *scratches head*

You can set and adjust how much time between songs. 0, 1 second, 3 seconds etc. It is in settings or preferences.

Ask the question in "ipod help" or go to" ilounge.com" they have a bunch of tutorials for ipods.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads