• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone in Suit Jacket Pocket...How to stop the weight drag on one side?

robertargyle

Reaction score
I'm a fairly slim guy, so I don't know if this has to do with my build or not, but in some of my suits, my iPhone which is slightly heavy pulls down on my jacket ever so slightly that it feels uneven on one side. It probably isn't very noticeable to others, but to me it is.

Is there a particular way that suit jackets are constructed to counter weight in one side, when something is in one pocket? Because I swear a couple of my jackets work just fine with the iPhone in there, and others it feels lopsided. Not sure if it has something to do with the canvasing.

I find that it's sometimes worse in my dress pants. Especially if my phone starts falling diagonally within the pocket so that it shows even more.

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your Apple representative suggests you carry two identical iPhones at all times. Since manufacturing is very precise, those phones should be from the same lot. See your Apple dealer for two new phones.

Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it unless it really bugs you.

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yah, carry two iphones and put one in each pocket. If you only have one iphone, carry a yo-yo in the other pocket.

I mean come on. If you put more weight on one side than the other, it is going to feel uneven.

Last edited:

arvidg

Reaction score
Wear your wallet in the other pocket. (Don't know if this works with iPhones, but it works with my HTC Desire HD. Might depend on size of wallet.)

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the inside pockets or the outside pockets? The outside pockets are decorative only. They are not meant to carry things.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you talking about the inside pockets or the outside pockets? The outside pockets are decorative only. They are not meant to carry things.

I hope this is sarcasm.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a fairly slim guy, so I don't know if this has to do with my build or not, but in some of my suits, my iPhone which is slightly heavy pulls down on my jacket ever so slightly that it feels uneven on one side. It probably isn't very noticeable to others, but to me it is.

Is there a particular way that suit jackets are constructed to counter weight in one side, when something is in one pocket? Because I swear a couple of my jackets work just fine with the iPhone in there, and others it feels lopsided. Not sure if it has something to do with the canvasing.

I find that it's sometimes worse in my dress pants. Especially if my phone starts falling diagonally within the pocket so that it shows even more.
This will happen in any suit, just roll with it. I can't think of a way, short of a second iPhone & perfect counter balance, to remedy this. And even then, having 2 equal weights will cause pulling on each side.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

I carry my iphone in ******. I don't have this problem.

I suppose you refer to switching your phone to vibrate as "switching to sensual mode"?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wait, I have just figured it out. You know how something like 90% of the male population has a left testicle that hangs lower than the right because of the way the vessels run or something? Just put your iphone in your right pocket to balance this out. It might do wonders for your spine.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
put a brick in the other pocket...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads