• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This one?

lefty

Kind of lame when you watch the "making of" video and see what they are shooting it with.

Also...is that what it really looks like when they open the doors at every apple store? A bunch of blue shirted apple drones run in cheering? Some guy shouts who is ready for the iphone 5 and then some other tool commends all of the sheep waiting in line and gives them a round of applause?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

...and there was a division amongst them (the fanbois) !!

...and there was division amongst fanbois

-would have been funnier

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ duly noted, will use your updated version when the iphone is updated.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There will probably be a patch to fix various bugs before too long. ;)

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So has anybody noticed their iPads running really hot since the iOS upgrade?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You didn't install the aftermarket liquid cooling kit? Smh

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also don't really get why people are frustrated over the docking issue. Between Bluetooth for audio and sync over Wi-Fi, The only thing you need the physical dock for is charging. Yes you'll have to buy a couple of new cords, personally I don't see the use of the adapter.
I just wish I could find a more elegant case right now.

This is true but doesn't think make you think that there was even less reason to change the connector? What's the point of the super duper microchip controlled lightning connector if you're only going to use it for charging? I would have loved to have seen them keep it the same or go with micro-USB which gets the job done just fine and is compatible with everything else out there. I don't think we're going to see a ton of lightning connected docks out there - the physical connected dock market is now dead.

I've had my ip5 for a week now but have yet to power it on because I need the Good app in order to get my corporate emails. Hopefully that will get sorted soon so I can kick my blackberry to the curb. I'm going to miss the physical keyboard but ready to make the jump to a living platform. Ironically, I had been planning for a while to get the new iphone in large part because my wife also has one and I was hoping to benefit from only having to bring one type of USB charging cable with us on the road but the lightning connector ruined that dream.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The sad thing about "Lighting" is it is slow. 2.0? Really?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Think we can get a patch to fix that ugly ass case Patrick just ordered?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Which one of you big timers is ordering one of these?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...nged-diamonds-gold--just-21-995.html?ITO=1490

article-0-153F50CC000005DC-866_634x817.jpg

Only £21,955 per phone. :satisfied:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those?! I bet someone at Etsy is making some out of Crown Royal sacks.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had my ip5 for a week now but have yet to power it on because I need the Good app in order to get my corporate emails. Hopefully that will get sorted soon so I can kick my blackberry to the curb. I'm going to miss the physical keyboard but ready to make the jump to a living platform. Ironically, I had been planning for a while to get the new iphone in large part because my wife also has one andI I was hoping to benefit from only having to bring one type of USB charging cable with us on the road but the lightning connector ruined that dream.

I know what you're going through, but things will get better. Skip eating out once and load up on 5 cables. :)

Think we can get a patch to fix that ugly ass case Patrick just ordered?

:lol:

I hope you like the case booth, post pictures when you get it.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I also don't really get why people are frustrated over the docking issue. Between Bluetooth for audio and sync over Wi-Fi, The only thing you need the physical dock for is charging. Yes you'll have to buy a couple of new cords, personally I don't see the use of the adapter.

I own an alarm clock in the bedroom and a clock radio in my kitchen, both are convenient for what they are, and now I have to toss them or find adaptors. Or, I guess, go out and buy a bluetooth or wifi alarm clock? I guess THAT's no problem, right? :rolleyes:

I also own a car charger/cradle that I'll need to replace. And for homes with more than one iDevice, some not phones (iPods), now we're not all on the same page.

I get why they did it, and it's not the end of the world, but it is a real issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads