• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
But who the hell uses their laptop webcam ever?

It hurts me Kyle, that you so quickly erased from your memory our video chats.

Originally Posted by chorse123
...there are two things that I would have like to have seen: camera and handwriting recognition...

Apple has hidden a fairly good handwriting recognition feature within OSX since day one. I'm sure it is a descendant of the Newton OS. It would not surprise me to learn Apple has hidden this in iPhoneOS as well.

Originally Posted by imageWIS
I watched the video on Apple's website, and seriously these guys were so excited I was waiting for them to jerk each other off in congratulations / celebration of their meh non-achivement.
facepalm.gif

Were you a paid subscriber to Apple.com, you would've seen the joyous denouement.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmn, so my edit wasn't necessary.

I wasn't sure if you had fixed it after I posted (before I edited).

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even at 9.7" screen, it is very slightly smaller than most netbooks that has 10.1".

On another note, the HP Slate is supposed to come with Windows 7 touch friendly design and compatibility, desktop multitasking, native Flash and multi-platform ability.
26jan10uowbrgsdf.jpg

01-06-10hpslate.jpg
01-06-10slate2.jpg

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
On another note, the HP Slate is supposed to come with Windows 7 touch friendly design and compatibility, desktop multitasking, native Flash and multi-platform ability.
Sounds like an iPad killer.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
Sounds like an iPad killer.

Needs Apple sticker.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The iPad, having the screen exposed and prone to scratches/dents on the back as well, will require another special case, so in reality it will end up being bulkier and heavier to carry around vs a netbook.
I carry an iPhone 12 hours a day in my pocket with keys, change, sometimes a pocket knife, have banged it and dropped it repeatedly, etc.. Not a scratch on the screen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads