• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a warning to anybody with wool sensitivities. I just got a 6A (shawl-collar) and man it's making my nose run (and that's after a dry cleaning to try and remove any dust trapped in the fibers). It's weird because I normally don't have any reactions to wool from my other Aran knit sweaters so I don't know if this is like some kind of mutant uber-wool that they're using. It almost smells musty.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I'd be willing to bet it's the lanolin that's left in the wool. It helps it maintain a bit of water repellency, but can be washed out pretty well with a gentle hand wash. For what it's worth, I briefly had a 6A, and didn't have any issues with being allergic.

Zissou,
Any chance of a future group order for a shawl-collared Inverallan?
Thanks.

Perhaps... we'll see.

yeah, it's 75 in LA today...

Hah. It was 65 here, and still too warm.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

skyline

Reaction score

zissou, thanks for the update!
There is only one green left in size 40 here. Someone could be lucky enough to grab it. :)

any idea where to source buttons like the ones on this? very similar to the navy Inverallan cardigans at Inventory last year, looks real nice.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're very easy to come by. Any fabric store should have them. You can also Google "leather buttons." Here's what Britex has.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Someone find me a natural inverallan shawl cardi with wood buttons.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I remember you had to size up on yours right z?

The L sounds perfect except at 30" it's long as ****, why would they make that **** long for should be no more than 27-28 ****.

Looks like *********** up on the buttons too, 7? It's like a botched experiment.

The one mandon has is better.

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inventory had them add more buttons, I believe. I think I also remember them saying they had Inverallan add length, but I could be wrong.

My advice on sizing is to go up one size from your actual chest. So, if your chest is 40", buy a 42. I have a 39" chest, and the 38 was literally skin tight and too short. So, this time around, I ordered a 42. They seem to be very TTS and do not stretch.

You might contact Mandon, as I think it's the time of year most shops start getting inventory.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No problem. I'm not crazy about the wooden buttons Inverallan uses. On one of my old cardigans, I swapped them out for some dark brown wooden buttons & will probably swap out the buttons on the new cardigan as well.

Sabado Domingo

Reaction score
Glad to see I've generated a bit of interest in another group order. If enough members express a liking for this piece, we might set to work on the project.

However, I'd suggest switching out the buttons for a dark horn, for example (the Inverallan x NexusVII collab):

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads