• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SilverandSilk

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

My name is Linda and I am an eBay seller. I sell neckties among other things. Here's how I got started. I already was selling on eBay for a few years and happened to pick up some neckties for a "crazy quilt" project. I had not intention of selling them. I did admire the lovely fabric on some of them. As I put my scissors through one particular tie, I thought "OMG, this is so beautiful. Let me look this up on eBay". Yup, I had just cut up a gorgeous Leonard Paris. Needless to say, that was the beginning. I sell under my eBay user name "bryantapple". However, I have another account that want to get activated again. It's "TheTieWhisperer". It's been dormant for a few years.

Anyway, I'm still learning about ties. I would welcome critique on my listings. Here's the link to my necktie category on eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/Silver-and-Silk/Neckties-/_i.html?_fsub=17412463

There are a couple that need to have new photos. I'm working on upgrading those. I look forward to critique as far as description, pricing and whatever else you might add.

As a woman and don't wear ties, I sort of feel out of my element selling ties. Let me know what you think.

Linda

Classic37

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new here. Been reading for a while. I'll be posting my watches and learning more about other things.

Ambassadofowit

Reaction score
Hullo!

I am Wil, an expat currently living in Shanghai. Spent many of my formative years in the UK, but am from the Continent originally. My dress sense reflects that, I guess. Would call myself an Anglophile, and therefore dress accordingly (Especially the "English countryside" look).

My formal shoes are almost all Cheaney's, but luckily I don't have to wear a suit for work (I work for myself), so the wardrobe is quite slim-lined in that department. Had a business suit made bespoke by WW Chan in Shanghai two years ago which I love; am currently looking into my next foray into bespoke tailoring. Shirts usually come from TM Lewin, and other bits and bops mostly from Jermyn St in London. I don't buy clothes off the peg in China as I don't see any real value here. Similarly, fashion brands mean little to nothing for me, as I don't care for fashion and prefer a more timeless tried-and-tested style.

I have been an occasional lurker on here for quite a few years, but have decided to become a bit more active now, as I need more specific advice, so I am also hoping to be able to give something back when I can.

Nice meeting you all!

MR-M

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Emmanuel. I am 25 and live in Paris, where I am working in the cinema industry.
I have been reading Styleforum for quite some time, gathering information on brands I like, such as Saint Laurent, and decided it was time to finally subscribe!

Nice to meet you all!

mjmyers28

Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Matt. Fairly recent grad now doing consulting. Just joined the forum a couple of weeks ago. Interest in bespoke tailoring is what brought me here. Cheers!

doogy28

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Lee.

I really love selvage denims and Alden shoes.

just wanted to share photos and information about the stuff what we are interest in.

Happy to meet you.

jdough422

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a 31 year old American guy living in Berlin, Germany where I have started a company. I travel between the US and Europe often for work. Trying to retain style while on the road and get my style mainstays down pat: Shoes, Suits, Watches and all the other beautiful things in this world!

Ask me about fintech startups, yoga, fitness, european travel, asian tailoring, greek philosophy

statementbags

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm Jack D., 27, currently based in Phoenix, Arizona. I have lived in Shanghai, Bogota and Miami in the past five years and enjoyed getting to know their scenes.

I've been reading the forums for a few months but I'm glad to be taking the time to get involved. I still have a lot that I would like to ask and learn about.

Presently I'm working on a collection of leather goods that I hope to share and receive feedback on at a later time. We're currently prototyping in our workshop.

Cheers!

NicolasAb

Reaction score
Hi fellows.

Nicolas here, from Buenos Aires, Argentina. 31 years old.

Found the forum through the vintage watches & lifestyle post, as I ve been selling Vintage Rolex and sports watches for 8 years now, worldwide.

Pretty amazing forum you guys carry on with here, glad to be part now.

wetogether

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Steven and I just start one company for bespoke dress in China, I come here for more fashion things, any advice will be much appreciated. Wish all of you guys have a great day!

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My name is Ben, I'm a 26 year old nomad whose taste for fine clothes is currently outstripping his suitcase room. I like to be fashion forward and recently completed my shoe rainbow. I have a particular interest in getting good quality custom things done, especially when it travel some place that it's cheaper. I'm also interested in learning about the technical side of putting together clothes, shoes, ties, etc.

emmanuelhj

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am emmanuelhj and enjoy the style forum net. I appreciate well made clothes shoes and accessories aa well as your postings your postings.

Last edited:

mybuddyandme

Reaction score
Hey, found the site looking for advice on clothes for tall skinny guys. I'm 6'3" and range from 150-160lbs. Finding clothes that fit my frame is near impossible, especially in the pants and jeans dept.. Getting my clothes altered has been working for shirts, but having pants made can get so expensive. Hope to find more good advice here.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mecmeuleman