• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joshg8

Reaction score
Hey SF,

Name's Josh, I'm a 25 year old engineer outside of DC. Been getting more and more involved in fashion over the past year or so, I frequent reddit's MFA section and I thought I'd make an account here to broaden my horizons a bit.

Most of my clothes are in the biz-cas/traditional style. I usually wear sport/dress shirts to work, occasionally with a jacket and/or tie. I really admire nice shoes and have started my collection with some Allen Edmonds, Rancourts, OSBs, and most recently some Aldens. When not at work I trend towards solid colored basics and casual button ups. A lot of my stuff is just Uniqlo or J. Crew but I've been getting increasingly more discriminating in my tastes as I learn more what pieces I would prefer to splurge on.

Looking forward to some different flavors of advice and the extensive Marketplace.

Cheers

mfridman

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

My name is Maksims, I'm 24 years old and work in travel business in Riga, Latvia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latvia). (am I the first member from Latvia here? might as well be)

After getting my bachelor's degree in European Business, I worked in private banking dept. at one of the largest local private banks.
When I started working in the bank, I began getting more and more interested in classic men's clothing. My classic wardrobe started from a navy Drake's tie which my father gave to me as a gift. Now I own several suits (all from Suit Supply), many shirts (mostly light blue) and ties (mostly navy or purple), couple of odd jackets and trousers, and several pairs of shoes.

Classic shoes have really become my passion. I can spend hours upon hours polishing my shoes for the upcoming week. I have 3 pairs of Loake's (1880), 1 pair of Barker's, 1 pair of Bass Weejuns, double monks and tassel loafers by Meermin (I should say they have a rather "interesting" approach to sizing), and some casual shoes that include boat shoes, desert boots, Timberland boots, New Balances and many Chuck Taylors.

I've been reading around the SF for several years now, and finally joined the community. Looking forward to being more involved in discussions and conversations on all things style.

Thanks.

singstar

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’m an Aussie in my late-20s living in London. I came across this great forum when I started researching a little more about top-notch shoes. So far, it’s made for some rather educational reading.

I wear suits most of the week for work but always appreciate it when someone make the extra effort to look their best.

Cheers

mahavishnu76

Reaction score
Hello SF,

My name is Rene and I am 55 years old. I love classic clothes and accessories that get better as they age. Love my 35 year old Schott bomber jacket that has all the battle scars and character it has accumulated in 35 years. I have leather items from Ghurka, Coach from 35 years ago when they were still l being hand made and not mass produced, items from Saddleback Leather like their large satchel in chestnut, ipad case, and medium notepad holder in dark brown. My favorite boots are from Red Wing. I still have to own a pair of Alden. Still saving for that. Own a couple of Ferragamo slip-ons. Love watches as well.

Also am into what they refer to as mid-fi but more into headphones. Love music and listen to everything but more of bebop.

Would love to learn more from forum members and share what I can share in the forums. Glad to be part of your community.

alexmoody

Reaction score
Hi guys!
My name is Alex, 20 y.o.
I am from Russia, live in Siberia :)
Lawyer in future( finishing the University), run a menswear blog http://siberianhype.ru
Love such brands as New balance, Acne, A.p.c and Saturdays Surf Nyc.
Do a little bit of photography ( here http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexmoody/ )
Love hypebeast mag, Mr. Porter.
Gonna visit US, New Zeland and Japan for sure.
Love Roman Polanski, Alfred Hitchcock and Federico Fellini movies.
Feel free to ask questions and to give a feedback about my blog ;)

CTLION

Reaction score
My name is CTLION. Just joined the site. I wear a suit everyday to work and have always enjoyed wearing suits. I am the Director of Sales for the SE United States, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, Mexico and South America for one of the largest companies in the US. I work in an office in Florida where I am the only person in a suit. When asked why I wear a suit everyday my answer varies...
1) I wear it to remind myself we have work to do
2) I wear it because I never know when I will have a meeting with a client
But my favorite answer...
3) A suit is my armor and we are at war.

malone77

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in NYC and also wear jeans 24/7...I'd like to step things up and get some nice shoes, maybe some slacks, I got a great sports coat sitting in my closet for the past few years...so I'm working up to that ;-) The sports coat is Donna Karan hand tailored, btw...bought it for $2 at Goodwill...looks new and fits great, so kind of silly I've never worn it. Mostly I wear good shirts, jeans and adidas sneakers.

ForeverSkinny

Reaction score
I'm 26 from NYC. I have been reading SF on and off for a while. Decided to join officially so I can reach out for some help.
I'm slowly trying to upgrade my wardrobe, but I basically can't fit into OTR clothing (XS only sometimes fits). Suits have to be custom and for someone with limited cash this is definitely a challenge. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

PocketStay

Reaction score
The PocketStay is the new and innovative way to secure a pocket square or handkerchief within a breast pocket of a suit,sports jacket or tuxedo. "A Must For The Well Dressed Man"

charlyboi

Reaction score
I'm Charly.
I've been working in outdoor retail for a number of different brands for many years now, and I've learnt the hard way not to be taken in by what the company reps say! I like to be honest with people, and I like to write well. Looking forward to chatting with you all :)

bluebird

Reaction score
Hello, thank you for the add. I was looking for some information on the Levis / casual wear jeans and bumped into this group. I see a lot more going on here. :) I'll take a look around some more. post some, etc. :)

redbee

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new, I hang out on MFA a lot. I'm 19, student in WA state. We just had a riot last weekend. =( I wear lots of flannel, it can look grungy, or "indie", or kind of Americana depending on what else you wear; it's versatile.

Anyways, hi!

nahmeann

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just happend to come across this site and I'm intrigued by it. Figured, WHY NOT?

I am turning 25 in a month and I figured I needed to put my sneakers and baggy pants to rest.
I'm just here looking to get more information and how to upgrade my style. I have a lot of ideas as to my likes, wants, needs.. And it's cool to see people with the same interest

Spectrum

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to men's wear and streetwear.I'm not the most fashionable hoping to upgrade my closet. I wear levi 501's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics