• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm happy to find an active community to discuss one of my favorite hobbies. I've been a full time sales associate in California for ten years. I love to learn more about brands, fabrics, and especially the origin and history of classic items. The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

Since I've pursued my interest in clothing I've been a uniform dresser. I'm just entering my 30s but I really enjoy the conservative American style of dark suits, oxford cloth button-downs, and tassel loafers.

Ring Jacket suits and Drake's OCBDs are my go-to currently. I alternate between Edward Green's Belgravia and Alden's 563.
Howdy Club Soda,
I reside in SoCal, happy to assist you.
Welcome to the forum!

Nero1626

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I waited for so long to realize my love for tailoring and shoes.
I am just a guy who grew up in Masschusset and moved to New York when I went to college. I enjoy many things and don't enjoy many things. I am still very fixated on Marx's Theory about capitalism. The more wealth capitalism created the more poverty is also created. I love literature and philosophy cause they are the only things that intensify my intellectual curiosity. I recently commissioned three bespoke suits from Edward Sexton(offshore), The Anthology, and W.W. Chan. I will post once I got the finished garment during the next few months. I am planning to get an MTO from Husbands Paris which I recently discovered and very fond of their style. And, I am a big tobacco smoker.

My dream shopping list includes

MTM Chelsea boots and MTM Jodhpur boots from Yohei Fukuda
A suit from Sartoria ciccio's Ueki-san.

Great to meet all of you on this forum.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I waited for so long to realize my love for tailoring and shoes.
I am just a guy who grew up in Masschusset and moved to New York when I went to college. I enjoy many things and don't enjoy many things. I am still very fixated on Marx's Theory about capitalism. The more wealth capitalism created the more poverty is also created. I love literature and philosophy cause they are the only things that intensify my intellectual curiosity. I recently commissioned three bespoke suits from Edward Sexton(offshore), The Anthology, and W.W. Chan. I will post once I got the finished garment during the next few months. I am planning to get an MTO from Husbands Paris which I recently discovered and very fond of their style. And, I am a big tobacco smoker.

My dream shopping list includes

MTM Chelsea boots and MTM Jodhpur boots from Yohei Fukuda
A suit from Sartoria ciccio's Ueki-san.

Great to meet all of you on this forum.
Well howdy, you sound like a man of many passions. I hope that we here can assist you satisfactorily by adding a few more to the ‘likes’ column. Looking forward to seeing your mto’s.
Maybe have a brandy over discussing these fine purchases. Welcome to the forum!

GrayBart

Reaction score
This is a thread in which you introduce yourself, regulars and new members alike. This is one thread I'd like to keep reasonably civil and reasonably clean, so, let's do that, okay?

I'll start. I'm Fok, one of the adminstrators on the forum. I have a bunch of kids and live in Idaho. If anyone told me any of the above 6 years ago, I would have wanted whatever they were smoking.

I wear jeans 24/7 - mostly Triple Works and RRL, and otherwise, have a lot of belts and overpriced Italian made sneakers. I mix up Wings+Horns, RRL, Jil Sander, Margiela, Haversack, Woolrich Woolen Mills, and SNS Herning,

Hope that you guys have a good time on the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.
I am GrayBart.

The "Gray" should indicate that my younger years are a distant memory.

The "Bart" is something people called me in my younger years.

Since my early adolescence I have appreciated nice clothes.

In my twenties and thirties I spent much more on attire than my peers did.

Today I still like nice things, but I am more selective.

My dress shirts are made-to-measure - I haven't bought any off-the-rack in years.

For dress shoes I have purchased Allen Edmonds exclusively for at least 30 years, but am considering Alden.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am GrayBart.

The "Gray" should indicate that my younger years are a distant memory.

The "Bart" is something people called me in my younger years.

Since my early adolescence I have appreciated nice clothes.

In my twenties and thirties I spent much more on attire than my peers did.

Today I still like nice things, but I am more selective.

My dress shirts are made-to-measure - I haven't bought any off-the-rack in years.

For dress shoes I have purchased Allen Edmonds exclusively for at least 30 years, but am considering Alden.
Hello GrayBart, welcome to the forum!

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am in my thirties, and live in the Midwest. After serving in the military I came to appreciate niceties like well shined shoes and a nice looking suit. I had money for the first time in my life and started really thinking about what I was buying and wearing. I have to feel everything on the rack before I even consider buying it; materials matter a lot to me. I decided to join this forum after lurking a bit over the years and getting fed up with what is available off the rack in most places. I'm looking forward to dressing better, looking sharp and learning from the knowledge in this forum.

Psys4479

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I finally decided to register. I’ve been reading SF for years. Cheers!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am in my thirties, and live in the Midwest. After serving in the military I came to appreciate niceties like well shined shoes and a nice looking suit. I had money for the first time in my life and started really thinking about what I was buying and wearing. I have to feel everything on the rack before I even consider buying it; materials matter a lot to me. I decided to join this forum after lurking a bit over the years and getting fed up with what is available off the rack in most places. I'm looking forward to dressing better, looking sharp and learning from the knowledge in this forum.
Welcome!

Rugter

Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm from the Netherlands, 48 years old. After losing 35 kg of weight recently my interest in clothes and shoes expanded quite a bit. Currently I'm exploring which brands match my physique and taste. Corneliani, Zegna and Brunello Cuccineli are repeat offenders in my growing wardrobe. As well as shirts from Barba Napoli. Shoes are a bit hit and miss. Moreschi, Testoni, Bally and Tod's. I'm looking forward to receive tips from more seasoned members. I wear (italian) size 48 jackets and trousers. Size 40 shirts.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm from the Netherlands, 48 years old. After losing 35 kg of weight recently my interest in clothes and shoes expanded quite a bit. Currently I'm exploring which brands match my physique and taste. Corneliani, Zegna and Brunello Cuccineli are repeat offenders in my growing wardrobe. As well as shirts from Barba Napoli. Shoes are a bit hit and miss. Moreschi, Testoni, Bally and Tod's. I'm looking forward to receive tips from more seasoned members. I wear (italian) size 48 jackets and trousers. Size 40 shirts.
Hi Rugter, welcome to the forum!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a long time “viewer” of this forum, back about 15 years, when I was getting into boots.

My journey started back then with some LL Bean Katahdin (Chippewa) boots. After that was a pair Red Wing Iron Rangers. More Red Wings, then Wolverine 1000 Mile.

In the recent years I branched off into Alden (two pairs of 405’s), then last year my interest in PNW boots finally got the best of me with multiple purchases of Nicks and Whites. I’m officially hooked and have way too many boots. I’m also a sprung toe fanatic, with my favorite Lasts being the 11067 from Nicks and the 310 from Viberg.

So yes, I have a problem with buying boots.

That is my Ted Talk.
Hello EDHblvd, ‘these boots are made for walkin’ … Welcome to the forum!

AndyRC

Reaction score
Hi.

I’m in the U.K. and came across this forum totally by accident. I’ve always had a love of clothes, particularly Barbour and Barbour International (I’ve over 20 jackets and countless shirts/T shirts jumpers etc). I’m very rarely without a cap , usually made by Barbour or Stetson. Recently I’ve discovered Redwing, Filson and a British brand, &Sons. I tend to buy more clothes than I have room for so occasionally something has to go (to make way for more incoming). I don’t have one particular style but I’m much more casual than formal.

I’ve also come across some great US YouTube channels which review made in the US clothes 👍

Hoping to find like minded people and possibly some rare pieces. A Filson Mackinaw Cruiser in Cobalt Blue Buffalo Plaid being one 🤔 😎

Andy

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I’m in the U.K. and came across this forum totally by accident. I’ve always had a love of clothes, particularly Barbour and Barbour International (I’ve over 20 jackets and countless shirts/T shirts jumpers etc). I’m very rarely without a cap , usually made by Barbour or Stetson. Recently I’ve discovered Redwing, Filson and a British brand, &Sons. I tend to buy more clothes than I have room for so occasionally something has to go (to make way for more incoming). I don’t have one particular style but I’m much more casual than formal.

I’ve also come across some great US YouTube channels which review made in the US clothes 👍

Hoping to find like minded people and possibly some rare pieces. A Filson Mackinaw Cruiser in Cobalt Blue Buffalo Plaid being one 🤔 😎

Andy
Hi Andy, I too have recently discovered &Sons. I’m curious to know what your impression is of them and to know what YouTube channels your watching.
Welcome to the forum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads