• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Internet Consignment Service Thread

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are interested in buying or consigning your high-end clothing, shoes, and accessories.

How does your service work?

Simply send your items by mail and we will handle the rest -

"¢\tCleaning and prep work, including ironing and steaming
"¢\tSmall repairs or button replacement when necessary
"¢\tProfessional photography and editing
"¢\tProfessional listing with a detailed and accurate description
"¢\tResponding to all questions from potential buyers
"¢\tCollection of payment
"¢\tPackaging and shipment of the orders
"¢\tSending the final payment to you

Why should I use your consignment services?

Typically, you will receive the same amount of money through my consignment program as you would if you listed the items yourself, but with none of the hassle.

We are experienced Ebay Powersellers with a high positive feedback score and a loyal customer base. We combine clear, detailed photos with an accurate, informative description to guarantee top dollar for your items.

Ebay provides a more successful channel than typical brick-and-mortar consignment stores due to the large number of Ebay users, located all over the world.

Turnaround time is faster, with items selling for higher prices than typical consignment stores. Our consignment fee is also more reasonable due to lower overhead costs.

What can you sell for me?

High-end suits, sport coats, and shoes are most effective for both parties. We can also work with high-end shirts, ties, knits, and accessories.

We are interested in Kiton, Brioni, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Oxxford, Isaia, Attolini, Edward Green, John Lobb, Ermenegildo Zegna, Santoni, and others. We can only sell items that are in wearable condition - with no stains, tears, holes, or significant wear.

What are your fees? How do I receive payment?

Our consignment fee is 35% of the ending price of the item. High-dollar items may be eligible for a lower fee.

After your item sells, we will collect payment, ship the item, and then send your money once the buyer indicates they are satisfied with the transaction.

We will send you a Paypal payment or money order for the ending price of the item minus the consignment fee, and minus applicable Ebay/Paypal fees (about 5-10% of the ending price).

Along with the payment, we will include an itemization of each listing showing all associated fees.

Where do I send the items? How should I send the items?

Please send a Private Message for our mailing address.

USPS Priority Mail is quick and fairly inexpensive, but you may use any shipping carrier you wish. Flat-rate boxes may be efficient for items like suits, depending on your zip code.

About Us

We operate on Ebay under the ID TopShelfApparel. We have been Ebay sellers since 2003 and have completed thousands of successful transactions while maintaining a high positive feedback rating. We have consigned for many gentlemen. You may view our listings here:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtopshelfapparel

pushinwood

Reaction score
Hi, I have a new Paul Smith MAINLINE black 100% cotton long-sleeved dress shirt (well, that's what they call it at the boutique). The price tag is still on the shirt and it says,"Gents Shirt Casual P7XC/930G/399, Mainline B, Size L. Purchased for about USD 550 from Singapore's Hilton Hotel (the same place that the country's largest Cartier, Giorgio Armani, Jill Sander, Bvlgari boutique stand). How much should I sell it for if I hope to get a quick response and can u tell how the shirt looks from the code I provided above? Do let me know if you'd need a photo/any extra info and how much will your services cost? Many thnx. V

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
VMan - I dont like having this in FS, it's going to keep bumping sales threads down. Moved it over to MC...but good luck with the venture dude.

pixiepup

Reaction score
Do you sell vintage clothing? I have a 100% cashmere man's overcoat in beautiful condition. The tag says it is from Gimbels Mens store. There is no size. i know nothing about vintage clothing. I receive from a friend's sisters estate. I was going to put it on ebay but i have no clue what price to put on it. My friend told me her sister kept her clothes in mint condition and i believe it. I just tried to sell alot of vintage clothes from her and they were all beautiful but i really didn't get many sells. i ended up putting the clothes in storage for a church rummage sale coming up and taking some coats to a charity store. Since this coat was cashmere i kept it to try and sell. Can you help me price it so i know if it is worth anything? Thanks, pixiepup

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
You have 113 items ending in the next 2 hours and only 25 have bids. Not a good sign for those considering placing clothing with you. Nor is the 35% fee on top of the eBay fee. Sheez. But get it while you can, right?​

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads