• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inis Meain knitwear

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zissou and dieworkwear, I sent them an email asking for their smallest sizes + it's garment measurements, if they are going to restock the Aran turtlesnecks on their own shop or if otherways they would accept MTO jobs on sweaters.
Will let you know as soon as I receive a reply.

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Thanks, guys. That Aran tunic is calling me, but it sure is pricey.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok i went to check out inis meain. my local store have this one in green, obeige and navy all 3 colors. i tried a large with a shirt, fit is a little boxy but sleeves not crazy too long. however, i'm not too impressed with the material. I was expecting the material softer. The one UK priced at 295 GBP which is about 472 USD, which is more expensive than my local store price 395 USD. If buying from Nitty gritty total is 250 euro, which is 325 USD. But you will probably pay import duty.

http://www.dohertyevansstott.co.uk/portfolio/donegal-rib-crew-green/

They have the Aron cardigan not sweater, I didn't try on but it's definitely much softer.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
andrewgreg, do you literally just judge every sweater by how soft it is? I guess if I were wearing my sweaters commando I would worry about nipple chaffing too, but dude, there's a lot more that goes into judging the quality of materials than softness.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
andrewgreg, do you literally just judge every sweater by how...
Today at 4:56 pm by lmaozedong

Sorry brah I can only see part of your message. :nodding:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

zissou and dieworkwear, I sent them an email asking for their smallest sizes + it's garment measurements, if they are going to restock the Aran turtlesnecks on their own shop or if otherways they would accept MTO jobs on sweaters.

It would be good if we could get a more complete list of Japanese stockists. Or at least be told which ones listed on their website will do online sales.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
andrewgreg, thanks for posting the link to Doherty Evans & Stott.
This guy wearing a S is 180cm and has a 94cm chest and I think he is fine but could also go slighly slimmer.
As I am 173cm and have a 90cm chest I think Inis Meain is not for me, what a shame.

dieworkwear, I will ask for Japenese online retailers for you, but I won't order from them myself.
German customs are very strict and because sellers didn't stick to what they agreed on with me before I put down my order, I had to go there personally every single time + pay 19% of VAT + another 15% of customs.
Worst, my last order of ~$400 got lost and the shop would only answer to my mails every week or so, not insitently pressuring USPS to refund me for the lost value even though the package was sent as insured First Class Mail.
Not willing to waste as much time, nerves and money again.
Will stick to my European free trade area.

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you would want to order from a JP shop, dieworkwear. If Inverallan is any example, the markup is just as high in JP shops as it is at US shops. A quick search of Rakuten shows the Inis Meain crewneck that I purchased from the UK for ~$250 (on 30% sale, but retailed for $370) selling for about $475 in JP.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree, the price is painful. With the exception of DE&S, however, most Western stores seem to only stock IM's mediums? I have three IM sweaters in medium, and don't mind the looser fit, but getting some in small would be nice.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Louis, I dont know if you received a reply, but Inis Meain was able to include a size small for me in a recent production run of navy Arans. I hadn't been able to find that sweater in the size available elsewhere, sale price or not.

I don't believe IM does discount sales, so going through this route might be a bit expensive, but it's nice to see the company be able to accommodate such requests. Perhaps they'd also be willing to do full MTO?

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have not received a reply from them.
May I ask you for the garment measurements of the size S aran?

jcep

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Heads up. Galvin has the aran turtle neck sweater up on size M. Get it while you can.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads