1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inis Meain knitwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Jan 11, 2011.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

I didn't realize Volls was selling Inis Meain. Hmmm, I just might pick up a boatbuilder turtleneck, but lord knows I have enough knits.

True to size is correct.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. jet

jet Senior member

ziss i never told you but galvin measured the xl and it was like 25.5 supposedly

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

long? That makes no sense...

4. jet

jet Senior member

5. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

FYI There is a catalog type store called manufactum that has a bunch of Inis stuff but you have to go to their german site to find it: http://www.manufactum.de/suche/?q=Inis+meƔin&p=1

It's impossible to use the web site but if you email customer service they are very helpful in English and will send you an order form. I got a cardigan and returned a few others that didn't work out awhile back.

1 person likes this.
  6. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

xpost from recent purchases. Finally caved at 60% off.

96% wool 4% cashmere.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

FYI, I don't think those are actually by Inis Meain. As I understand it, they contract out all their non-knitwear work, but I could be wrong (e.g. I believe Luciano Barbera makes all their shirts).

8. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

You're right. It's designed in Ireland and produced by Barbera which I think I'm okay with. I'm breaking my no non-Schneider outerwear rule, but I really like it. I have the SS merino coat, but I wanted a long wool coat that doesn't have a hood.

9. EvanM

EvanM Well-Known Member

Just picked up my first Inis piece from my-wardrobe and I have to echo what others have said - incredibly soft fabric that feels like it's made out of 100% cashmere, not a 90/10 merino/cashmere blend. Unfortunately, I also think it's going to pill easily but I guess we'll see how it holds up.

I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye out for more stuff for next fall/winter season.

10. nothclif

nothclif Well-Known Member

Just picked up a grey knit cap(my first Inis) from Nitty Gritty, really impressed with it. The fit/feel is great.

Side note also surprised how fast it got here to the US. Ordered Tuesday night and was coming from Stockholm, then arrived this afternoon.

11. alex99

alex99 Senior member

Yeah, I picked up 2 of the knit hats that are 80% alpaca and 20% silk from the the bureau belfast. I find most knitted hats to be uncomfortable but these are great. Great colors too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. superego

superego Senior member

look nice...but the fuck do I need another knit?

someone start a summer weather, vneck and flip flop thread

13. saturdaynight

saturdaynight New Member

On the fence about small or medium in a Meain donegal crewneck and can't seem to find solid sizing description. I'm 6' 38" chest mostly concerned about sleeve length - slight lank to the arms can sometimes leave about a 1/4" - 1/2" problem with knitwear. I'd like to go small for chest fit but am concerned that medium might be better suited for sleeve length.Does anyone have available sleeve measurements (say armpit to cuff) on a crewneck (or similar) or can from experience describe the sleeve length and general fit? Any help much appreciated!

14. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Senior member

Go medium. Inis Meain knits in small have the perfect sleeve lengths for me, but I'm 5'7" size 38.

15. dieworkwear

I have the navy cashmere "Donegal" and the grey wool "Donegal." Both in size small. If one of those is the one you've been eyeing, I can give you sleeve measurements.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  16. saturdaynight

saturdaynight New Member

Looking at one of their merino / cashmere blends on Superdenim, not sure if they're made the same as your full stop cashmeres but if it's not a big hassle I'd appreciate it!

17. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

I'm wearing a small merino/cashmere right now. It's the Martin Boag from last season but the sleeve measures 23" from shoulder seam and 17" from armpit FWIW.

I must say I'm with Afro there; I'd be surprised if a small was right for you at 6'.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  18. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm 6'2", 39-40" chest and M is perfect all around.

19. dieworkwear

My measurements are prob useless cause we're not looking at the same sweaters, but FWIW

Size small, grey wool Donegal
    Sleeve, measured from center of the back of the collar to cuff: 30"
    Sleeve, measured from shoulder seam to cuff: 23"
    Sleeve, measured from armpit to cuff: 17"

Size small, navy cashmere Donegal
    Sleeve, measured from center of the back of the collar to cuff: 32"
    Sleeve, measured from shoulder seam to cuff: 23.75"
    Sleeve, measured from armpit to cuff: 18"

20. saturdaynight

saturdaynight New Member

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, esp dieworkwear for taking multiple measures. Feel a lot more comfortable going medium now if it's worked out alright for the 6'2 bloke!