1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inis Meain knitwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Jan 11, 2011.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

MIDSEASONUS30 gets you 30% off at my-wardrobe, which brings the price of IM knits down to about $200-250. Shipping and pre-charged duties will run you about $75-80.

I picked up this cable crewneck- the same one I got last year in beige.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  2. zissou

zissou Senior member

After just two business days, the new crew neck arrived. As annoying as it is for my-wardrobe to add duties, it sure arrived quickly once I ordered.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  3. superfishy8

superfishy8 Well-Known Member

for anyone still hesitant about biting the bullet:
    I received my roll neck from Norse store today. it's a 90/10 merino/cashmere mix.
    im 6'1" with a 39 inch chest and the fit is nice and pretty slim though the length was a little short.
    that being said, the sweater is tightly knit and not scratchy in the slightest.
    very warm and sumptuously soft.

hope this helps

update: after a week if reasonable wear, the sweater has shown a decent amount of pilling. true, I have been wearing it pretty regularly to battle the cold but still a little dissapointing

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  4. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Zissou you need to get a list of store who carry inis meain.

I must get some of their knits.

1 person likes this.
  5. zissou

zissou Senior member

2 people like this.
  6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

They also recently opened their own webshop.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Oh, nice. I checked just a couple weeks ago, and didn't see it. I like that Aran tunic...

8. jcep

jcep Senior member

Has anyone had anyone had any luck with the Aran turtleneck in the light cream color? So far I haven't been lucky I have only found a look alike at the French store Sandro but it has a polyamide content and I have a sense that the Inis turtleneck would be softer and not itchy in the slightest

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

I have one, and it's buttery soft. What size are you looking for?

10. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Enter "a private matter" for 15% off this store now through XMas. I got the scarf. Someone should get the raincoat!
    Maxwellandco

11. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Too am looking for the Aran turtleneck in natural, any idea where to find it?
    Have a tiny 90cm/34-36 inch chest, will it even fit me in S or would I need an XS which, as it seems, is not even offered?

12. jcep

jcep Senior member

Thanks for the reply Zizou, I hope you enjoyed thanksgiving if you are in/from the Us. I'm guessing I would need a size medium. I am a 38R in suits and am a looking for a slim fit if that is helpful.

-Caveat: thanks for the referal, there are some nice items but sadly not the arman turtleneck I am after.

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

jcep- Thanks- Thanksgiving was quite nice. You probably would be a M. Galvin for Men has it for a good price in L-XXL, unfortunately. Your only bet would be to email Inis Meain directly and see if they will make you one. Or, wait until next FW...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  14. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

if i order from one of these website, which one will likely I get a import duty bills later on?

also, can you comment the fit and material of thr aaron sweater? it's soft? what size do you wear.

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

Their 90 merino/10 cashmere blend is extremely soft, and not a bit of itch. Any of those shops that use Fedex, UPS, or DHL are likely to result in customs/duty fees. My-wardrobe pre-charges duties, but the package will fly through customs. It's kind of worth it, in my opinion.

I wear a Medium, which is my usual size for tops. They tend to be a little average in fit, but the crewneck I picked up this year was a little slimmer and longer than my other two.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  16. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I found out a local shop carry inis meain sweaters, damn it they opened in 05 but i didn't know the shop exists lol.

I called them and confirmed they carry the brand. I will go check it out afternoon, I want the aaron sweater and the donegal one in green or navy.

17. zissou

zissou Senior member

That's nice to be able to see it in person! Be prepared for prices to be much higher than UK/EU shops, though.

18. jcep

jcep Senior member

Glad to hea the holidays are off to a good start Zizou. Thanks so much for the tip. Last night I actually emailed every store you had previously posted (reposted by andrewgreg below), every reseller posted on the IM site (in Europe) that carries it in another color and/or size, and IM directly. Hoping I can get my hands on one since the Sandro looks great but is a bit itchy (I fear this is due to the 70% wool, 20% polyamide, 10% cashmere blend. Then again, I may be being to picky or have unrealistic expectation regarding softness.

Thanks for trying to help us out. I will make sure to pay the favor forward and report back to this thread if I hear any good news from any of the retailers or IM.

As a side note, if any members are located in or near Japan or don't mind paying the shipping, there are 6 retailers, 1 being barneys, listed unerd the stock it's page in the IM site.

19. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yes, do let us know what IM has to say. It would be nice to know if special orders can be placed through them. If you get a chance, can you ask them if they deduct VAT? Their prices seem similar to other retailers when VAT is included.

20. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Small sizes usually go to Japan. I'm a 36 chest, and have had to deal with a size medium, which is what's distributed in the West. Even if they're marked small, they're usually IM's medium. They fit OK, but a genuine small would probably be more ideal.

I've tried a few times to place custom orders, but to little avail. I also don't think they'd deduct VAT, as I enquired about that for a RTW piece, but the matter wasn't addressed in their reply.