• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incoming College Freshman

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by identity-x
I don't get why people go to school "to make money".

I'd rather do something I love and be broke, than do something I like and be rich.

Given the 6 digit student loan debt and passion I have for my studies, I guess I'm on my way.

Do what will make you happy...

Did you ever stop to consider that it makes some people happy to be successful?

TylerDurden

Reaction score
The only advice I can give is to stay in until you graduate with a degree. Going back to a university when your older gets less and less easy.

rjacobs

Reaction score
gotta drop some perspective on the OP...

when i was a freshman, i went in thinking i'd be a physics major and a music minor. my first quarter, i took 2 GE's, a physics class, and a music class. after 2 weeks, i dropped the physics class and in fact never took another physics or math class through my whole college career. i became a music major and minored in scandinavian studies so i could study abroad in sweden for a year. became a bartender (in sweden) at 20, and yes, got laid. after college, i toured with a rock band and taught piano lessons to pay the bills. later, got a job as a university admin. next year, 5 years after graduation, i'm starting an MBA program on a full scholarship. afterwards, i plan to make loads of money. and come to think of it, i've made enough money in the meantime to keep me in jawnz. if i had done any other major, i doubt my grades would have been good enough to get me a free ride at b-school, and also i wouldn't have had the unique post-college experience to launch my career.

moral of the story: the moniez are only very loosely correlated to your choice of major. a better bet is to make sure you are good at what you do. one way to ensure that is to do something you like, cause then you're more likely to do it well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads