• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inception, who made the suits for the movie?

APLT

Reaction score
i really liked the suits in this movie as well

for those who liked the suits in this movie i found it to be of similar style to the movie rock'n'rolla if anyone seen that

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was very impressed with the suits...I can't remember the last time a Hollywood film had such style.

Oh yeah...the movie itself was amazing too!

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i did not like decaprio's shirts.
the collars were too hard looking and a touch too big.
a lot of costume designers like straight point collars
Murphy's suits did not fit well. they kept falling away from his neck

jays978

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GradSchooler
Why is everyone on this board obsessed with spread collars?

I also like the spread on my collars to be at least that of an Ainsley. I have a few shirts that are "tabbed(?)" collars and they just look too old fashioned for me.

NoStyle14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
There are many people here that should be wearing straight collars as well. With collars, with the exception of the London-cutaway and the tab, among some others, collars are not really something based on personal taste. It is based on what flatters your head, neck and shoulders. Wide head- straight collar; long head-spread collar.

What if you have a round head? (i.e. width approx same as height)

I personally prefer spread collar. Looks spiffy.
smile.gif

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
There are many people here that should be wearing straight collars as well. With collars, with the exception of the London-cutaway and the tab, among some others, collars are not really something based on personal taste. It is based on what flatters your head, neck and shoulders. Wide head- straight collar; long head-spread collar.

Wow you really do love Flusser as your are paraphrasing him right here. The reason people like spread collars is because they are far more elegant than the average frumpy and dull point collars seen everywhere. Sure a beautifully sculpted point collar may look alright but spread IMO looks better every time except in extremely wide headed cases and I mean extreme.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was nice to see a Hollywood blockbuster that was at least clearly trying with formal clothing.

Weirdly, Leonardo Di Caprio's suiting seemed the worst fitting (and I agree his shirt collars were ill-judged). Some of the others were quite nice - and Cillian Murphy's sliver of white PS was a joy to behold.

hermes man

Reaction score
dont know about whats in the movie but i believe decaprio turns out in Giorgio Armani during the premier ..

38467_407680136341_18658586341_4585978_2025300_n.jpg

Dressed2the9s

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
dont know about whats in the movie but i believe decaprio turns out in Giorgio Armani during the premier ..

38467_407680136341_18658586341_4585978_2025300_n.jpg

Looks great! I thought Inception was a stylish movie.

http://clothesonfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/INC-035092.jpg[img]

Carefully selected attire is an essential part of the world of Inception. Costume designer Jeffery Kurland has utilised fabrics of varying weight and colour, plus a blending of classic and modernistic styles to establish setting and differentiate protagonists in slight, but distinguishable ways.

Note Michael Caine's outfit of tweed jacket and Nehru collar shirt with popper buttons. As Miles, a university professor who may be vital, may be exposition, Caine's costume subtly informs proceedings with a merging of old and new (likewise echoing his and Cobb's relationship). It is not implicitly stated that Inception is set in the future, however Miles' clothing is not quite "˜now', although, paradoxically, it could be. In other words there is a suggestion that the story could take place in the near future, or even that Miles' appearance is actually part of Cobb's amalgamated dream state. Or more radically Miles could just be an older gentlemen who dresses a little kookily. Point being, there are no absolutes in Inception. And with this in mind don't neglect to register what Cobb's children are wearing either...

Even with a multi-layered narrative juggling several conscious (or unconscious, or subconscious, as the case may be) states and timeframes, the characters are easy to follow. Their clothing immediately discriminates in such a way that an individual's primary personality trait is intoned without them having to say or do anything.

For example, the immensely watchable Tom Hardy as relaxed chameleon Eames in lounge lizard open-neck shirt with splayed collars. Or the game enthusiasm and quite alarming beauty of Ellen Page as Ariadne, arty and creative in a patterned silk neck scarf. Contrast with Gordon-Levitt in his immaculate 3 pc suit (later immaculate leather jacket), Cillian Murphy as businessman mark Robert Fischer Jr. always in a cutaway collar, or Marion Cotillard's Mal, introduced in an angular silhouette as the wicked witch haunting Cobb's mind. Although, interestingly, there are no real villains in this film, not literal ones anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads