• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In praise of ChucknJill

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Just thought I would put a quick post up to say that I received my Carlo Franco ties this morning...picked up four of them from eBay from the previous season's stock at $60 a pop.

WOW

They are gorgeous, love three, like the 4th. Very nice.

Great service from them, and really happy with what I received. Plus they come with Jill's business card in there, so I can start sneaking her private mails as part of my plot to steal her away from the grasp of the evil TexasTieTwit.

Thanks guys.

Matt

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Matt - I thought that I had some nice ties, until I met chuck and saw his tie. basically, I decided then and there that I needed to get rid of my ties and replace them with his ties.

don't even get me started on his shirt...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I concur. I have three of their damn ties. They sort of creep up on you (the ties, not Chuck & Jill
biggrin.gif
)
And they are nice people, too!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would totally buy it, except I have about 20 silver ties, it's probably my favorite color... grr. I need 9 people to buy it before I end up pulling the trigger anyways
frown.gif

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I have been trying hard to avoid buying that tie. Someone please grab it!

I suppose it doesn't help...but there are 9 available....
laugh.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
that silver one is one of those i just bought - nab it - its about three feet away from me now and i still want to touch it!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9 of them?!? GOD DAMN IT! Come on people, someone must need 9 of them for his wedding or something!
biggrin.gif

Garfieldthecat

Reaction score
Love their ties....just got four new ones when they had their sale a month ago (or whenever it was). Got three for me, and one that I am giving to my Uncle as a Christmas present.

Jill

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I somehow missed this thread first time around. That silver on silver stripe has always been one of my favorites. It's a nice "daily" tie, but it's a gorgeous "evening" or "formal" tie. While I'm not a huge fan of the 4-in-hand-with-a-tux look, I've seen it done that way and it's DARNED sexy!

Now that the new collection of shirt has finally arrived, Chuck may put his personal (17x33) collection of CF shirts on ebay. OK, to be truthful, I may put them there! Most have been worn only once or twice, because he had a tendency to grab a new one from the stock room rather than being bothered with ironing!

We may list the "floor" samples (ties) as well. We probably have 20 or 30 designs that are no long in stock, but still have one in the stock room which we used on the mannequin for various photo shoots.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads